Discovery Bank

JV_011_

Mine changed because i changed medical aids. Dropped from Diamond to Silver.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Why did changing your medical aid affect your score? It sill stays one of the 3 required insurance products?

But I think he might have to manually submit proof of medical aid membership. I am assuming you changed from discovery to another provider.

splinter_watsup

Can anyone point me to the costs for Debit orders coming off the discovery Bank Platinum Credit card? Can you put your Debit orders on the credit card?

I want to do this so I make up the quota required for the benefits/rewards and do not have the suite nor can I upgrade to it.

twr

Expert Member
Can anyone point me to the costs for Debit orders coming off the discovery Bank Platinum Credit card? Can you put your Debit orders on the credit card?

I want to do this so I make up the quota required for the benefits/rewards and do not have the suite nor can I upgrade to it.
I don't think debit orders quality as spend. Only swipes in-store or online purchase.i could be wrong

rsa-ace

Has someone activate secondary cards? Are they linked to the same Vitality Money rewards as the main account holder (i.e. discount off HealthyFoods or Fuel)?

JV_011_

But I think he might have to manually submit proof of medical aid membership. I am assuming you changed from discovery to another provider.

Yes i did, i actually moved almost everything. Medical aid and life cover, only vehicle + household and bank remains. They asked for proof of the medical aid and it should be resolved within 3 working days. In the meantime, my savings are not acumulating enough interest.

JV_011_

I don't think debit orders quality as spend. Only swipes in-store or online purchase.i could be wrong

Very true, they dont.

A work around is cancelling debit orders for stuff like dstv, cellphone contracts and buying stuff at the stores instead of online as even the app transfers and purchases dont qualify.

twaatie

Where do the notifications for the secondary card go?
They come too my phone since I'm primary account holder.

What I like is you can give secondary cards limits, not that i need it. But nice it you want to get a card for your kid for example

twaatie

Is that secondary card with your name on? Or your partners? I had mine with my partners name on and it's asking her to sign up for Vitality Money.
Has my name on only because Discovery's app would not let her register.

Was too much PT for us to go through just to have a card with her name on

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
Hi guys, looking for some advice.

Is there any benefits of taking the discovery black credit card over the platinum card other than the lower interest rate and added bonus of up to 60% of local flights?

Trying to justify which is better, but would just like to know if there is that much of a difference?

ros_b

Discovery Miles Multiplier

I just received an email with snippets of information about changes to the Discovery Miles program from next year. I am fairly integrated into the "Discovery Ecosystem" with Health, Life, Vitality (Diamond status) and Card. I've been very hesitant to move over to the Bank due to the lack of clarity on how the benefits work and I love the Miles Multiplier on my current credit card. There seems to be no mention of this in 2020. I may well consider moving across to an FNB credit card for ebucks earning if there's no more miles multiplier.

They say "Earn hundreds of Discovery Miles through Vitality Active Rewards, for getting healthy, driving well and spending responsibly." So what do you earn if you're on Vitality Active Rewards and not with the Bank? Do things stay as they are at the moment - earn points to be exchanged for vouchers?

They say "For the Discovery Miles earn qualifying criteria, log in and view the 'info and tips' page." But you can only view this page if you're an existing Discovery Bank client!

<Sigh> Why do they make it so difficult to get detailed information on how the Bank works before one decides whether to join or not?

DENROCwtf

Hi guys, looking for some advice.

Is there any benefits of taking the discovery black credit card over the platinum card other than the lower interest rate and added bonus of up to 60% of local flights?

Trying to justify which is better, but would just like to know if there is that much of a difference?

Black comes at higher bank fees and higher spending tiers - but it does offer a bit more or higher benefits. See it the benefits you value or use works for you.

Attachments

• disc-bank-money-spend-platinum-one-pager.pdf
    390.6 KB · Views: 35
  • disc-bank-money-spend-black-one-pager.pdf
    415.5 KB · Views: 35