Discovery Bank

DENROCwtf

Is that secondary card with your name on? Or your partners? I had mine with my partners name on and it's asking her to sign up for Vitality Money.
it comes with your partners name on and you can pick a category - such as PETROL, HOUSEHOLD - but it is secondary - you have one account with two cards, both earn point and mile to the primary account. I have it that the secondary need to register on the app - to transfer or Freeze the card without needing the primary account. You can load a limit if one needs the security when giving the card to a child. Both can get notifications of transaction.

ies87

Discovery Miles Multiplier

They say "Earn hundreds of Discovery Miles through Vitality Active Rewards, for getting healthy, driving well and spending responsibly." So what do you earn if you're on Vitality Active Rewards and not with the Bank? Do things stay as they are at the moment - earn points to be exchanged for vouchers?

They say "For the Discovery Miles earn qualifying criteria, log in and view the 'info and tips' page." But you can only view this page if you're an existing Discovery Bank client!

If you’re not with bank you still get miles from next year. You just spend them from the corporate app, not the bank app. The current vouchers for coffees, shopping etc will be priced in miles as opposed to the current points/coins. Not sure if you’ll be able to convert miles to cash without bank though.

JV_011_

I was just busy typing in my transactions in Microsoft Money (yes, I still use it and I hate it that I can't download my DiscoveryBank transactions!) when I realised that you get boosted interested on the transaction accounts and demand savings accounts, but not on notice accounts. That means I'm actually get 0.5% more interested on immediately available funds than the funds with a 32 days notice period. The banker I spoke to seemed genuinely surprised that I thought it is weird... Has anyone else raised it with them? The only way now seem to be to give notice on the notice accounts, then wait out the 32 days, create new demand savings accounts and then transfer. Would have been easier to change the product type. And even better if they boost the interest on notice and fixed deposits as well!
Try 22seven for the non discovery accounts. It does the budgeting for you automatically.

ies87

I see all cash backs are going to be paid as miles from next year. Not sure how I feel about that... What's the point of the Vitality Savings Account then?

hj007

Expert Member
I see all cash backs are going to be paid as miles from next year. Not sure how I feel about that... What's the point of the Vitality Savings Account then?
Looking to switch to a pure cashback card?

ECHLN

Looks like Discovery has more than 50,000 users now on Android. 733777

ies87

Has anyone been able to upgrade their account to the full banking suite? I've been struggling with Discovery now for more than a month.

And the option is still not available on the app.
The ability to upgrade from cc to suite is finally available. Just did mine and the call centre confirmed that it’s available now. Menu > Add Account > Add Transaction Account then select the suite. The option used to be there but all it did back then was add a stand-alone transaction account. My account gets recognised as a suite now, can see the increased cashback on the iPhone benefit page.

ECHLN

The ability to upgrade from cc to suite is finally available. Just did mine and the call centre confirmed that it’s available now. Menu > Add Account > Add Transaction Account then select the suite. The option used to be there but all it did back then was add a stand-alone transaction account. My account gets recognised as a suite now, can see the increased cashback on the iPhone benefit page.
I don't see it 733957

ies87

Strange. Option was there for me. I saw a stand-alone option and the full suite. Are you running the latest version?

Do you have the credit card? They mentioned that you can only upgrade to a full suite from a credit card at this time, not from a transaction account.

ECHLN

Strange. Option was there for me. I saw a stand-alone option and the full suite. Are you running the latest version?

Do you have the credit card? They mentioned that you can only upgrade to a full suite from a credit card at this time, not from a transaction account.
That's why. I have a transaction account

BloemGuy

Try 22seven for the non discovery accounts. It does the budgeting for you automatically.
Actually use it for the tracking and reporting more than the budgeting. I can tell you exactly how much I have spent on eggs (or anything for that matter) since 1995! LOL

binloud

Has anyone cashback at woolworths or healthy food store dropped to zero, mine was 40% yesterday and now its zero. The website gives an Error 500, seems like they messed stuff up even more than usual.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hey guys how long does it take update weekly goal? did a transaction for R500 I should get 2 points for that.

Trying to reach, all 3 goals this week!

twr

Expert Member
Hey guys how long does it take update weekly goal? did a transaction for R500 I should get 2 points for that.

Trying to reach, all 3 goals this week!
I get my points as soon as I have done the transaction

twr

Expert Member
Has anyone cashback at woolworths or healthy food store dropped to zero, mine was 40% yesterday and now its zero. The website gives an Error 500, seems like they messed stuff up even more than usual.
Mine if fine on the money app