Discovery Bank's pricing and discounts

lestoran

Discovery mainly give rewards healthy food, nothing I buy seems to count as healthy food, I do have medical aid
and healthy food card. Ebucks gives you 15% back at checkers for anything.
Yeah discovery's idea of healthy food is still based on the not recently debunked idea that low fat is good for you.

Ironically you actually have to eat unhealthy food to gain from the "healthy food" discount.

jambai

Yeah discovery's idea of healthy food is still based on the not recently debunked idea that low fat is good for you.

Ironically you actually have to eat unhealthy food to gain from the "healthy food" discount.
Yes and dont forget that pick n pay markup that food probally by 20% extra to give you your cash back.So not such a good deal

hj007

Yes and dont forget that pick n pay markup that food probally by 20% extra to give you your cash back.So not such a good deal
Where do you shop then?
I get quite a bit of the healthyfood back but do eat a lot of salads, veg and fruit. Dont buy low fat milk and products so am in agreement.

hj007

Unless you live inside a Gym on a treadmill with a FitBit on your wrist and a Nutribullet full of Pureed PicknPay Healthy Food vegetables strapped to your face, there are better deals than Discovery.
Is it worth it if I do this? :unsure::ROFL::ROFL:

yebocan

Executive Member
Where do you shop then?
I get quite a bit of the healthyfood back but do eat a lot of salads, veg and fruit. Dont buy low fat milk and products so am in agreement.
Use to think PnP is cheap, when it comes to fruit and veggies...till I started buying at Food Lovers Market...forewent Vitality/Cashback rewards...I save way more with FLM and the quality is way better....not to mention their biltong!

Thor

Honorary Master
Also to confirm their top account is R440 per month?
Yea good luck, this bank won't last.

Louis72

Also to confirm their top account is R440 per month?
Yea good luck, this bank won't last.
On the top end they are more than FNB Private at R399
But most accounts are better value fact.
R90 for a Gold bundle is cheaper than rest FNB R109 and Absa R107.

Even Platinum is R135 vs FNB Premier at R220 almost 40% cheaper.

Thor

Honorary Master
On the top end they are more than FNB Private at R399
But most accounts are better value fact.
R90 for a Gold bundle is cheaper than rest FNB R109 and Absa R107.

Even Platinum is R135 vs FNB Premier at R220 almost 40% cheaper.
FNB makes up in ebucks there.

Discovery's benifits from an ebucks perspective is pretty bad.

Daruk

Honorary Master
The flight benefits and lounge benefits are compelling. I wonder if there's a list of lounges and qualifying criteria for the "up to x% off flights"?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Yeah....no reason to switch from FNB. Everything is integrated, app works, relatively cheap and eBucks!

Anyway, my Discovery Card is on it's way.

Johand

Expert Member
They seem to have tried to copy FNB

That currency conversion fee is a bit of a shocker though. Would steer clear of you ever plan to travel internationally!