Discovery members and COVID-19 vaccinations

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
What about the awesome Cuban vaccine? Cuban has the best doctors and engineers in the world and are a leading light in developing anything medical. Heck, and amazing engineering! Their cars are the best on the planet! 1950s American steel!

envo

Expert Member
So people 60+ need access to a computer and internet to register for a vaccination else they won't get one? **** that noise!

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
That means lockdown will be around till at least October 2021.

Viva ANC... Viva!

Botha22

So people 60+ need access to a computer and internet to register for a vaccination else they won't get one? **** that noise!
The govt website says there is a facility for registration on site, but I think for your convenience you are better off getting assistance and registering online.

shearder

let me just say condolences to those thinking of getting the vaccine. At least you won't need to worry about being brain dead, you're there already

system32

Expert Member

Viva ANC... Viva!
  • Phase 1 – It is currently underway and is focused on healthcare workers.
  • Phase 2 – Set to start on 17 May 2021 and will focus on the elderly and other vulnerable sections of the population.
  • Phase 3 – Set to start in October and will focus on the rest of the population.

So in reality, due to demographics (ZA population < 60), ZA starting actual vaccination in October.
Meanwhile in some countries they will be 100% done.
Pathetic

SilverCode

So in reality, due to demographics (ZA population < 60), ZA starting actual vaccination in October.
Meanwhile in some countries they will be 100% done.
Pathetic
Thanks to the ANC's bungling of securing vaccines, it is probably because other countries will be 100% done by October that we can actually start, since only then will the countries who joined the back of the queue far too late will get their hands on the vaccine.

It is what annoys me whenever I see the government claim "we have secured another 10 milllion vaccines!". Great, at what timeline? Will the 10m vaccines arrive tomorrow, next week, next month, next year? I'm pretty sure I can secure 100m vaccines if I tell J&J I will only take delivery in 2022.

ian16th

Any one notice the small gaps?

• Group A – Registration of all clients older than 80 years.
  • Group B – Registration of all clients older than 60 years but younger than 80 years.

My wife is not older than 80, and she is not older than 60 years but younger than 80 years.

She IS 80!

Lupus

Honorary Master

Viva ANC... Viva!
Doubt that, even seeing signs in countries that have had vaccines saying, that even if you've had the vaccine no mask no service.

Marsie27

We got our Discovery registration emails an hour or so ago, easy registration and you list any chronic conditions, both of us got confirmation and registration codes. No booking slots available yet.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
let me just say condolences to those thinking of getting the vaccine. At least you won't need to worry about being brain dead, you're there already

I love it when the Facebook scientists say things like this. Not only do you get a good laugh at how stupid they are, you also jump up the vaccine queue a little bit. Win/win.

Marsie27

A local mosque has advertised it is providing facilities for online registration on the government site for those without internet access tomorrow - a good initiative I thought.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
We got our Discovery registration emails an hour or so ago, easy registration and you list any chronic conditions, both of us got confirmation and registration codes. No booking slots available yet.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm just wondering if they are sending out the emails according to the priority groups.

Anthro

Expert Member
Do we know if South Africa has a system dedicated to Vaccine adverse effects, like the US' VAERS data ?

Nemesys

Yip also done and dusted. Interesting they got all the personal info off your profile why the need for you to submit your chronic conditions? It is available on your profile ?privacy concerns?

Marsie27

Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm just wondering if they are sending out the emails according to the priority groups.
Both of us not far over 70. My brother and his wife over 60 but not 70 and on Discovery, I will check with them if they have received the emails today.