Discovery Vitality [2019]

CuriouS

Anyone noticing some foods getting removed from the "health food" benefit? I noticed some bran cereal that I used to eat has been removed.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Anyone noticing some foods getting removed from the "health food" benefit? I noticed some bran cereal that I used to eat has been removed.
Yip, chicken mince was on the list but stopped being listed as vitality on my woolworths till slips.
I checked the pdf list and it was still on there. But seemed like too much work to fight them on it.

groesbec

Yip, chicken mince was on the list but stopped being listed as vitality on my woolworths till slips.
I checked the pdf list and it was still on there. But seemed like too much work to fight them on it.
Have also noticed that wholewheat cocktail rolls from Woolies that used to be HealthyFood is no longer listing as Vitality on the till slip.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Whatever happened to Vitality awarding HealthyFood points on a daily basis? They did it for a few weeks then stopped. When they award the points on a monthly basis only, it becomes a huge admin burden to reconcile the points, good luck with that, it's not even worth the effort :unsure:

Cash back is also a huge schlepp, is there a better way to do this than physically keeping all slips and adding up all the HF items and their prices? I've not tried this in a couple of years, I assume everyone else finds it as much of a hassle?

CuriouS

Whatever happened to Vitality awarding HealthyFood points on a daily basis? They did it for a few weeks then stopped. When they award the points on a monthly basis only, it becomes a huge admin burden to reconcile the points, good luck with that, it's not even worth the effort :unsure:

Cash back is also a huge schlepp, is there a better way to do this than physically keeping all slips and adding up all the HF items and their prices? I've not tried this in a couple of years, I assume everyone else finds it as much of a hassle?

I just don't have the time to reconcile everything. That is something that their auditors should pick up, as it should be material and if they don't do it properly it would constitute being fraud.

Now that they're being so subtle about slowly taking items off the list. I'm beginning to think I should just cancel Vitality altogether. I don't have their bank account or their insurance, so a lot of the "value" is lost on me. I don't fly enough to justify the R3k per year subscription, and I prefer being active in other ways and not going to gym.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
I just don't have the time to reconcile everything. That is something that their auditors should pick up, as it should be material and if they don't do it properly it would constitute being fraud.

Now that they're being so subtle about slowly taking items off the list. I'm beginning to think I should just cancel Vitality altogether. I don't have their bank account or their insurance, so a lot of the "value" is lost on me. I don't fly enough to justify the R3k per year subscription, and I prefer being active in other ways and not going to gym.
Ill be leaving once my watch is paid up.

newby_investor

Expert Member

Honestly, if it were just the gym, it would be worth it for me. The missus thrives on yoga and pilates classes, and I like to pop in once per week or so to do a bit of strength training (I tend to prefer running / cycling, and then out-of-doors).

IMO the other stuff is just convenient extras. Sad to see it dwindling though, especially the so-called healthy food. I wonder why they are doing this.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Honestly, if it were just the gym, it would be worth it for me. The missus thrives on yoga and pilates classes, and I like to pop in once per week or so to do a bit of strength training (I tend to prefer running / cycling, and then out-of-doors).

IMO the other stuff is just convenient extras. Sad to see it dwindling though, especially the so-called healthy food. I wonder why they are doing this.
Yeah, I even looked into the banking which they forcing on us, you only get the Vitality rewards if you on the bundle suite, so cc, cheque and saving which costs like R300/mo and R45 extra for vitality, without that you will no longer get your cash paid back for things like gym.

They don't publish that **** anywhere, you ask on social media and they cannot help, eventually over the phone after speaking to 2 people did I get that info. Told em to close the account, not a **** am I paying like R350 to get R237.50 back in gym fees.

They moment I loose value out of the gym they can shove vitality in a very uncomfortably place. There are cheaper gyms around if I have to pay out of pocket for it.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Yeah, I even looked into the banking which they forcing on us, you only get the Vitality rewards if you on the bundle suite, so cc, cheque and saving which costs like R300/mo and R45 extra for vitality, without that you will no longer get your cash paid back for things like gym.

They don't publish that **** anywhere, you ask on social media and they cannot help, eventually over the phone after speaking to 2 people did I get that info. Told em to close the account, not a **** am I paying like R350 to get R237.50 back in gym fees.

They moment I loose value out of the gym they can shove vitality in a very uncomfortably place. There are cheaper gyms around if I have to pay out of pocket for it.
Quite. I got pretty good value out of plain old Vitality, so I was optimistic about the bank.

Turns out they're somewhat of a disappointment. I'll stick to my hospital plan and vitality gym membership for now I think.

Tag11

Is anyone else having problems with Vitality Active Rewards, or any points being awarded in general? Mine stopped counting/accruing about a week ago... I've logged a ticket with Discovery but they are so slow to respond!

Sensorei

Executive Member
The Vitality reward points awarded for playing the weekly gameboard must be rigged or I am the unluckiest guy out there. 5 weeks in a row I've only gotten 25 points! The odds of that happening when only 9/20 blocks contain 25 points are ridiculous.

twr

Expert Member
The Vitality reward points awarded for playing the weekly gameboard must be rigged or I am the unluckiest guy out there. 5 weeks in a row I've only gotten 25 points! The odds of that happening when only 9/20 blocks contain 25 points are ridiculous.

I also went though a bout 4-6 weeks of constant 25/30s then two weeks in a row I got R100 each now back to 25s lol well I haven't played today I got 3 plays

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I beat you hands down, 16 consecutive weeks. Ever since the Vitality open ended I have gotten 1 diamond, 1 100 and 1 50,the rest has been 25and 30

acidrain

Executive Member

If one could transfer points I'd give you mine. Don't really bother much with points but what I do is play the same tile every week. Haven't really gotten a bad streak doing that... haven't got a diamond either but diamonds are meh... I've gotten 3 but never in a time frame where you can spend them.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
If one could transfer points I'd give you mine. Don't really bother much with points but what I do is play the same tile every week. Haven't really gotten a bad streak doing that... haven't got a diamond either but diamonds are meh... I've gotten 3 but never in a time frame where you can spend them.
Next year you can transfer them, as they will be based in miles.

Sensorei

Executive Member
I also went though a bout 4-6 weeks of constant 25/30s then two weeks in a row I got R100 each now back to 25s lol well I haven't played today I got 3 plays

Is the only way to get 3 plays is to also bank and insure with Discovery?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Is the only way to get 3 plays is to also bank and insure with Discovery?
Yep, 1 play per vitality goal achieved.

It would also be possible if you only had health and insure and had a diamond expire.

If a diamond expires you get a free play the Wed after it expired.

fruitbat

Expert Member

So they trimming that too. they change stuff anytime they want. Least if it was stable for 12mths, like ebucks, then you know the boundaries/limits.

I Also notice a lack of VIT badges at my local clicks. Yet it appears on till slip. Only reason I buy there is the cash back.

binloud

Just got to play the system, I view them as my little treat so buy myself alcohol mostly. This week I used 750 points on yuppiechef (they are stackable) and got myself whiskey and beers.

See Makro is there now, not sure if they stackable, but I am sure you can go get yourself a couple things if they are.