Discovery Vitality 2021

Meister-Man

Expert Member
You will still get cashback. It will only affect your healthy food points and your goal for which you’d get a measly 20 miles anyways. I stopped splitting my baskets as it gets tedious over time.
Perfect no need to split anymore, I'm sure the people in the queue behind me will be thankful.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
With the discovery vitality promo on the 15th of each month.
If I go to pnp and swipe my healthyfood card and then I generate a (discounted) voucher to pay, will I still earn cashback on the healthyfood?

twaatie

If I go to pnp and swipe my healthyfood card and then I generate a (discounted) voucher to pay, will I still earn cashback on the healthyfood?

Not sure

But maybe split payment for healthy food with CC. And use miles for the other items

Koosvanwyk

Yes and no; you will still get the Vitality Health cashback but not the Vitality Money cash back

Newb-ucks

I'm new to this thing, would appreciate any assistance. With the new 40% off on the 15th, how does this work when purchasing on takealot. Is the 40% automatically applied when paying with miles?

Hackson

I'm new to this thing, would appreciate any assistance. With the new 40% off on the 15th, how does this work when purchasing on takealot. Is the 40% automatically applied when paying with miles?
Yep.
So you'll fill up your cart. You can do this on the app or website but paying with miles has to happen on the website.
And then when you checkout and select miles, on the website, it'll redirect you to the Discovery payment site.
Here it'll give you the total Rand amount TakeALot will charge and show you how much you'll pay, savings included in miles.

I expect there to be a few issues this Thursday since it's their first run. But that shouldn't stop you from trying this Thursday. Actually try it right now. Add something and checkout but stop short of actually making the transaction. It's good practice. Today if you do it you'll get the maximum 20% they currently offer.

Edit:
@Newb-ucks
I see you had a screenshot but removed it probably for privacy reasons.
When you get to the Discovery site it won't show you the amount I concede. But once you type in the full due amount it'll show discounted miles to be deducted.
Proof attached. Screenshot_2021-07-12-10-59-13-57~2.jpg

Last edited:

Newb-ucks

Yep.
So you'll fill up your cart. You can do this on the app or website but paying with miles has to happen on the website.
And then when you checkout and select miles, on the website, it'll redirect you to the Discovery payment site.
Here it'll give you the total Rand amount TakeALot will charge and show you how much you'll pay, savings included in miles.

I expect there to be a few issues this Thursday since it's their first run. But that shouldn't stop you from trying this Thursday. Actually try it right now. Add something and checkout but stop short of actually making the transaction. It's good practice. Today if you do it you'll get the maximum 20% they currently offer.

Edit:
@Newb-ucks
I see you had a screenshot but removed it probably for privacy reasons.
When you get to the Discovery site it won't show you the amount I concede. But once you type in the full due amount it'll show discounted miles to be deducted.
Proof attached. View attachment 1105890
Thanks for the help

James 77

Does anyone know if you can pay the balance of the upfront device discount with discovery miles ?

I’m currently in 65% upfront discount. With a max of R4000 remaining. The device costs roughly 10k

So I was advised that I can use the device booster which is 65% of 4000 which is a discount of 2600 leaving a remaining 7400.

Thus can I pay the 7400 with discovery miles for a further discount ?

Charlesjjm

Does anyone know if you can pay the balance of the upfront device discount with discovery miles ?

I’m currently in 65% upfront discount. With a max of R4000 remaining. The device costs roughly 10k

So I was advised that I can use the device booster which is 65% of 4000 which is a discount of 2600 leaving a remaining 7400.

Thus can I pay the 7400 with discovery miles for a further discount ?
Yes, that can be done. And if you wait for this new 15th miles thingy, you'll get an additional 40% off.

Just check that the store does accept Discovery Miles.

James 77

Yes, that can be done. And if you wait for this new 15th miles thingy, you'll get an additional 40% off.

Just check that the store does accept Discovery Miles.
Thanks. That’s what I’ve been hoping for :) . However I’m not eligible for 40% but still 30% though.

icecoder

It's up to 75% off Nike shoes or Nike apparel bought at either sportsmans warehouse, total sports, or a Nike Store. You get a voucher with wicode and you give the wicode to the teller at point of sale. So it's only available in a physical store.
I wonder what the reason is for us not being able to apply the QR code generated from vitality on online purchases. I am not ready to die for the discount, because I have to visit a mall to purchase.

binloud

Did a 40% off today, wont lie feels great.. picked up a jacket for R780 retail was R1300.

bigboy529

Expert Member
I'm considering whether to try Vitality, basically whether to jump further in to the Discovery ecosystem, I already have medical aid with them.

Browsing threw this thread I see most on here is getting gym rewards, will it still be worth doing, will I still get enough rewards if I don't go to a gym but only walk daily and work out at home, rowing machine and spinning bike? Getting a Apple Watch for free as a reward will be pretty nice, I'm not so much hung up on the sports clothing and running shoes, but from time to time I guess that can also come in handy.

I'll be open to look in to getting a Discovery bank account in future and maybe also life insurance.

Finally is there a thread somewhere comparing reward programs Discovery vs FNB?

P.S. I actually want to do this for the right reasons, I have to get off my arse and lose some weight.

Jase

Executive Member
I'm considering whether to try Vitality, basically whether to jump further in to the Discovery ecosystem, I already have medical aid with them.

Browsing threw this thread I see most on here is getting gym rewards, will it still be worth doing, will I still get enough rewards if I don't go to a gym but only walk daily and work out at home, rowing machine and spinning bike? Getting a Apple Watch for free as a reward will be pretty nice, I'm not so much hung up on the sports clothing and running shoes, but from time to time I guess that can also come in handy.

I'll be open to look in to getting a Discovery bank account in future and maybe also life insurance.

P.S. I actually want to do this for the right reasons, I have to get off my arse and lose some weight.
My 2c Worth.

I don't have a gym contract and hit my weekly targets purely on Cycling (Including spinning), walking and running. I find it is not difficult to hit 80% Max HR for 30 mins to get 300 points (Or 200 points for 70% max HR for 30 mins). I tend to vary between 30 to 60 mins 3 to 4 times a week and if I have a busy work week (or I am just too lazy) I fill those in with my daily 10k steps (My employment sees me do a ton of walking).

3WA

Honorary Master
will I still get enough rewards if I don't go to a gym but only walk daily and work out at home, rowing machine and spinning bike? Getting a Apple Watch for free as a reward will be pretty nice

My 2c Worth.

I don't have a gym contract and hit my weekly targets purely on Cycling (Including spinning), walking and running. I find it is not difficult to hit 80% Max HR for 30 mins to get 300 points (Or 200 points for 70% max HR for 30 mins). I tend to vary between 30 to 60 mins 3 to 4 times a week and if I have a busy work week (or I am just too lazy) I fill those in with my daily 10k steps (My employment sees me do a ton of walking).

Agree with Jase. I've never been a gym user and get all my points from exercising with an Apple Watch. It's been quite easy so far - I've had the watch for about five months and haven’t missed the weekly goal yet. It's made me confident that I can go for the free iPhone as well.

I use both, but Vitality is slightly more lucrative for me. I don't think there’s an easy way to compare since it's so dependant on what food and toiletries you buy. But if the Discovery Miles monthly 40% discount on the 15th becomes permanent, then Vitality is a clear winner. eBucks don’t have predictable 40% discounts any more, and it just leads to frustration if you spend your eBucks and then find a good discount the next week.