Dish and connection to my smart TV

ravindramail2

Hello every one

i bought a new Smart TV. and there is a Dish mounted to my house its been there a while and i never used it. i have connected Dish cable directly to my TV and i am not getting clear picture!!! do i need a decoder in order to get just SABC and etv? or am i doing any thing wrong? please advise.

kang

The decoder you may purchase from: Makro, Game, Dion wired, Hi-Fi Corp, Pick n Pay etc
Best price: Pick up the phone and call one of these stores.

Do you not have a friend, colleague, family member you could ask? I'm just surprised one would register here to ask such a question...

ravindramail2

Hi Kang

sorry i am not south African so thats why i have asked that question. i know its a stupid question but i didn't want to buy something that i dont needed for setting up for my TV. Thanks for help guys.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
A Smart TV needs a connection to the internet to allow you to make use of the additional 'Smart' features.

You will have to have a fixed line ADSL connection and a LAN (network cable) plugged into the back of the TV, or a Wi-Fi connection (using a proprietary Wi-Fi USB dongle for your make of TV, if it does not have this capability built-in) so that you can use all the pre-loaded or downloaded apps available for your Smart TV.

Also note that the firmware for your Smart TV may not be the latest version, and that this internet connectivity is required for you to upgrade the firmware, which often includes additional features and newer versions of the available apps.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
The DSTV HD SingleView (non-PVR) decoder is currently on sale (including installation) for around R 700 (less than R 500 if you already have a dish).

Multichoice offer a variety of package bouquets, from the lowest (EasyView) at R 29 a month - right up to Premium at R 665 a month.

http://selfservice.dstv.com/get-dstv/compare-packages/

You can also go for their Explora R 799 a month for 24 months deal, which includes the Explora PVR, DSTV Premium and the PVR access fee.

http://selfservice.dstv.com/self-service/announcements/r799-dstv-premium-package-deal/