Dishwasher recommendation. Yes or No? If yes which brand/model?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
My Bosch lasted almost 20 years - had to replace it because the impeller pump eventually died and there are no spares any longer - best appliance in the house!

Replaced with a Siemens (was on special) that is working well for the past 18 months or so

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Anyone else using a siemens dishwasher?
Are they largely the same with different names?
Yep, very happy with mine

The dedicated utensil drawer is awesome - order of magnitude better than the 'caddy' in the Bosch

TheJman

Expert Member
More a word of warning - if possible stay away from whirlpool and LG - probably the worst customer service my family, close friends and myself have experienced

ahmedomar

So between Defy and Hisense in terms of entry level models, I should probably lean towards the Defy even though it has a lower energy rating?

ahmedomar

Thanks for this, according to specs it has a lower dB noise level compared to the Defy yet you saying it's quite loud. Specs don't seem accurate unless the Defy is even louder

mr_norris

Expert Member
Thanks for this, according to specs it has a lower dB noise level compared to the Defy yet you saying it's quite loud. Specs don't seem accurate unless the Defy is even louder

I do live in a real small place, so that is a big factor. The dishwasher is perhaps 3m away from me when I am vegging in front of the TV.

SZN

Expert Member
You guys seen any decent deals on a Bosch dishwasher? Series 4 or 6

Aharon

Honorary Master
Apparently almost no stock in the country due to European covid lockdown

fxit_man

Executive Member
You guys seen any decent deals on a Bosch dishwasher? Series 4 or 6

Check digital experience I saw some there! Might be Siemens but same thing, just Siemens is the more “premium” brand from the BSH group

15e51db35b6c930c01d835a6ae1a865f.jpg

Edit: looks like they might be sold out sorry!

ahmedomar

Thanks to everyone for the advice

I got us a Series 2 Bosch. Instruction manual is not helpful at all

Please advise on what is the best wash cycle combination and how long does it take?

joker08

Expert Member
Eco 50 degree. That's the only setting I have ever used, never had to use anything else. Takes around 3 hours.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Eco 50 degree. That's the only setting I have ever used, never had to use anything else. Takes around 3 hours.
I used to use this, with OK results but every now and then there was a dirty plate or two, or a pot that needed a manual rewash. Now that I have solar power I use 65 degrees and everything comes out sparkling.

ahmedomar

Thanks Eco it is then, as I've noticed the quick wash doesn't include a drying cycle.

Do you guys use the variospeed function? Apparently uses more water and electricity