Dishwasher recommendation. Yes or No? If yes which brand/model?

Aharon

Honorary Master
Thanks Eco it is then, as I've noticed the quick wash doesn't include a drying cycle.

Do you guys use the variospeed function? Apparently uses more water and electricity
I dont, put it on Eco at night, its done in the morning.

lorenzdenesiks

I use Edge Star BIDW 1802ss. . It cost nearly 450 dollars when I bought it and it was good as my budget was limited by 500 dollars. It has 6 washing cycles including Heavy, ECO, Glass, Normal, Rapid, and Rinse features. Yes, it has a big size but I have 3 children so you can just imagine how many plates I have to wash daily so it is a good choice for a big family.

1611217708227.png

https://dishwashereview.com/best-dishwasher-under-500/

tcofran

Expert Member
We have an LG, never given any problems, and yes, a dishwasher is worth it

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Haven't read the thread. But the answer is...

BOSCH.
I fully agree. At the same time, it's interesting to see the challengers and the reasons for them, allows us to keep an open mind in this area of mono-vendor dominance .

flytek

I've had the budget bosch first and now the budget siemens...siemens wins hands down as you could have it almost in your living area and you would still barely hear it...plus dedicated utensil drawer. price diff was worth it easily.

Aharon

Honorary Master
I've had the budget bosch first and now the budget siemens...siemens wins hands down as you could have it almost in your living area and you would still barely hear it...plus dedicated utensil drawer. price diff was worth it easily.
I chose the Siemens over the Bosch. While understanding they come out the same factory, do you think the quality of the Siemens is at least as good as the Bosch?

What happened to your Bosch?

Aghori

Honorary Master
I had a bosch 300(reliable, my aunt still has it in use), the siemens mid-range (blew up in a fiery display due to lightning) and now I am happy with the Miele.

flytek

I chose the Siemens over the Bosch. While understanding they come out the same factory, do you think the quality of the Siemens is at least as good as the Bosch?

What happened to your Bosch?
Missed this notification. The Siemens is just so much quieter which to me makes a big difference. Utility drawer is also nicer than a utility basket. Bosch is still running just somewhere else :D

surface

Honorary Master
Bosch with dedicated utensils drawer. Serie 6 AFAIK.
Got exactly this one (Serie 6 SilencePlus) about 6 years go. Packed up now. Repair cost quoted 3.2K including labor (heating unit or something like that). I doubt if it cost more than 6K that time.

Anti-Chris

Ive got 2 dishwashers... Ages 16 and 17 respectively. Been washing dishes for the last 8 or 9 years. They are still working but getting a little cheekier by the day.
Hopefully they will be around for another 6 to 8 years or longer, but I guess once they turn 18 they can move out...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Got exactly this one (Serie 6 SilencePlus) about 6 years go. Packed up now. Repair cost quoted 3.2K including labor (heating unit or something like that). I doubt if it cost more than 6K that time.
Strange mine is still going strong six years later. I don't bother with salt as well and just 3 in 1 tablets.