Dishwasher recommendation. Yes or No? If yes which brand/model?

surface

Honorary Master
Strange mine is still going strong six years later. I don't bother with salt as well and just 3 in 1 tablets.
yeah, we got different machines somehow despite staying in different houses. :p :p I might fix it if it costs under 2.5K or so, let us see.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
yeah, we got different machines somehow despite staying in different houses. :p :p I might fix it if it costs under 2.5K or so, let us see.

Just seems a short life for a Bosch (unlucky) - my Bosch ran for 20 years without issues - impeller packed up and there were no parts available during lockdown so had to replace (got a Siemens with the utensil drawer on special )

Ecco

Executive Member
Anybody use anything other then Finish tablets in their machine? And how does it compare to finish tabs?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Anybody use anything other then Finish tablets in their machine? And how does it compare to finish tabs?

I buy whatever is on special.

All work equally well - just be sure that you stack properly.

Also, Rinse Aid is a necessity even with the 2 / 3 in one type

Edit: Oh ja, top tip, I cut the tablets in the half (effectively a 50 percent discount on each pack) unless there is a really full and dirty load - never had any problems with not cleaning properly...

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
Just seems a short life for a Bosch (unlucky) - my Bosch ran for 20 years without issues - impeller packed up and there were no parts available during lockdown so had to replace (got a Siemens with the utensil drawer on special )
So, as per google-fu, it seems that heating element/heat pump issue could be caused by not regular topping of salt and couple of reasons. I may not have done that regularly but I doubt if gauteng has hard water really so not sure.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
So, as per google-fu, it seems that heating element/heat pump issue could be caused by not regular topping of salt and couple of reasons. I may not have done that regularly but I doubt if gauteng has hard water really so not sure.
Hmm, ja, I think upcountry water is harder than coastal - I put salt in once (when I first bought it) - never bothered again for 20 years

cenredash

Expert Member
I buy whatever is on special.

All work equally well - just be sure that you stack properly.

Also, Rinse Aid is a necessity even with the 2 / 3 in one type

Edit: Oh ja, top tip, I cut the tablets in the half (effectively a 50 percent discount on each pack) unless there is a really full and dirty load - never had any problems with not cleaning properly...
@AfricanTech what tablets do you use? The only ones I see are the Finish ones that are these powder combinations in dissolvable plastic.

surface

Honorary Master

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
This is the exactly the same one we bought in 2015/16. It packed up last year. E09 error. Apparently heating element issue and would cost 3.5K to fix.

Tough luck I suppose. Bosch is supposed to be best brand.

Been without dishwasher for over a year (WFH so not really a issue) but thinking of rolling the dice and buying same one again.

I own two of those.

I like Bosch as they are easy to service and they have a technical team that come out when you have a problem.

Just last month they had to come and check out why the new one was throwing an error and it was my fault, I overfilled the salt container and never screwed on the lid. No charge.

Buy mine from Hirsch. Keep in mind the TAL incur extra delivery.

I own two as one is in the kitchen and the second one is in my wife's business on the property as she has to wash up mixing bowls and coffee mugs.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Are you rich because you don't work from home ?
You seem to be obsessed with wealth. I bought a Kelvinator dishwasher years ago for a fraction of what you probably paid for your Bosch. ;)