Dishwasher recommendation. Yes or No? If yes which brand/model?

Matt91

Expert Member
The Bosch Series 6 is an awesome dishwasher. Had a cheapy Defy before the Bosch and the difference in the clean is night and day. Sometimes the dishes are so hot from the Bosch they have to be left to cool for a few minutes before handling them, also baked in food is easily dislodged. The Defy seemed to get only get "quite warm" and couldn't clean heavily soiled dishes.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You seem to be obsessed with wealth. I bought a Kelvinator dishwasher years ago for a fraction of what you probably paid for your Bosch. ;)
I bought a broken one for R 10 (Bosch) that was 30 years ago. Replaced a broken clip on the door and put a pipe back that had come loose.

Best buy ever.

surface

Honorary Master
The Bosch Series 6 is an awesome dishwasher. Had a cheapy Defy before the Bosch and the difference in the clean is night and day. Sometimes the dishes are so hot from the Bosch they have to be left to cool for a few minutes before handling them, also baked in food is easily dislodged. The Defy seemed to get only get "quite warm" and couldn't clean heavily soiled dishes.
Absolutely agree about this one. Awesome product. Nearly noiseless. That is why I said tough luck as it lasted only 5 years when most other Bosch seem to last 10+ easily.

GrootVoet

I also have a Bosch, it's been faithfully doing the dishes for the last 15 years with moaning or groaning.

Matt91

Expert Member
Absolutely agree about this one. Awesome product. Nearly noiseless. That is why I said tough luck as it lasted only 5 years when most other Bosch seem to last 10+ easily.

AEG are also brilliant although not as common as Bosch.

calypso

Expert Member
I had a look at video about E09 error and I could probably do it at a stretch but the part itself would cost around 2.5K, if at all it can be sourced.
If you are based in CT, I would rather youtube and DIY vs taking it to the agents. They are so bad one would actually think its a Leon Schuster movie. Just read the comments on the reviews. - ElectroCall