Disney's New 'Toy Story' Spin-Off Banned in 14 Countries Over LGBT Content: Report

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Disney’s new movie “Lightyear” comes out in theaters on June 17 but will not be showing in 14 Middle Eastern and Asian countries.

The film has been banned in these countries due to LGBTQ+ content, Reuters reported.

The animated movie depicts a same-sex couple who share a kiss, which led to the United Arab Emirates banning the film, NPR reported.

The film “is not licensed for public screening in all cinemas in the UAE, due to its violation of the country’s media content standards,” the UAE Media Regulatory Office tweeted on June 13.

Source

OhYeah84

Expert Member
It's only the start? So you cool with Beastiality and Stockholm syndrome being depicted?

But a gay kiss off limits for you?
Now now, don't be a knob. And don't try assuming you know what I think. Only knobs do that.

I am a parent. Not sure you are. Parents protect their children how they see fit UNTIL they're ready to know. So take your little "whatever it is you're trying to do", and go sit in the corner. You're trying to be controversial and it's really not working.

Cray

Honorary Master
Now now, don't be a knob. And don't try assuming you know what I think. Only knobs do that.

I am a parent. Not sure you are. Parents protect their children how they see fit UNTIL they're ready to know. So take your little "whatever it is you're trying to do", and go sit in the corner. You're trying to be controversial and it's really not working.
Have your kids seen any of these movies?

1655270616661.png

EADC

Executive Member

You said it's only the start with Disney so i can safely assume prior to this you are ok with Disney content when they depicted things like Beastiality and Stockholm syndrome.

OhYeah84

Expert Member
What exactly are you protecting them from, people kissing? Do your kids not watch TV at all?
Can I parent my kids how I want too without some anon person on the Internet (who literally means nothing to me) trying to psychoanalyse it? That's rhetorical.

Cray

Honorary Master
No, they're boys and prefer the non-girl movies.
Aladdin is a girl's movie now? :oops:

We parent how we want (and dude, believe me when I say we aren't the only parents in the world), and you do whatever it is you do if you have kids. I won't hold it against you.
Yet you felt the need to come on here and tell everyone about your decision? If you want to tell the forum about your parenting decisions why get so defensive about people questioning them?

Grant

Honorary Master

Your reaction proves the opposite