DNA confirms burnt out body is that of missing Constantia woman

schumi

Honorary Master
Really damming case the state has against him

Rob Packham asked a colleague to lie for him, court hears

https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/watch-rob-packham-asked-a-colleague-to-lie-for-him-court-hears-19833386

Rob Packham confessed his feelings for mistress a day before wife's murder

https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/rob-packham-confessed-his-feelings-for-mistress-a-day-before-wifes-murder-19816838

Daughter knew of Rob Packham's affairs 'several years' before mom found out

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/daughter-knew-of-rob-packhams-affairs-several-years-before-mom-found-out-19809240

Ninja'd

A Djinn
A dizzying drop, strange how people who commit crimes like this fail to consider the ramifications, I'll pop her off and then it'll all be rosy in my life, what a plan!!

Oops now I'm in pollsmoor, I wonder where I went wrong?!
What stopped me from killing my exes was watching Medical Detectives and Law & Order.

airborne

Executive Member
Why was this guy so gatvol with his wife?

He had a side chick if I remember correctly, probably couldn't stomach the cut of his bucks his wife would get if he did things the conventional way and divorced so he rather went Catholic and shot her instead?

noxibox

Honorary Master
I hope the true story comes out, would be interesting.
I doubt it ever will come out. Her friends will portray her as an innoncent, saintly martyr married to a brutish pervert. He'll probably portray her as a vindictive harpy.

noxibox

Honorary Master
"The accused did not act in a manner expected of a distraught and later bereaved husband and when he was challenged about his conduct, he responded in a manner incompatible with the situation. During the proceedings in court, the accused did not express emotion, not even when the pathologist gave gruesome evidence of the injuries to the deceased."
That is one aspect where I will strongly disagree. It is ludicrous to make assumptions about how someone should respond to these things. There is no correct emotional response.

What stopped me from killing my exes was watching Medical Detectives and Law & Order.
The key issue is that suspicion is going to fall on those close to the victim. Contrary to what those shows present it is possible to cover up forensic evidence. It is also perfectly possible to lie convincingly. But those things require careful planning and a lot of effort. If you kill someone you know on the spur of the moment, then try to cover it up and concoct a story on the spot you're very likely to get caught.

Some articles indicated, based on things her friends told reporters, that they had a major sexual incompatibility and that she found his sexual preferences/desires disgusting. They also indicated that she belittled him to her friends. Not an excuse to murder her, even in a moment of anger.

He had a side chick if I remember correctly, probably couldn't stomach the cut of his bucks his wife would get if he did things the conventional way and divorced so he rather went Catholic and shot her instead?
He may have had to share existing assets with her, but possibly not much more since she was employed. You have to be very deluded or very stupid to think that carrying out a haphazard murder and cover up is somehow going to leave you free and clear though.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory

Not sure if it was reported in the press but my mom knew someone who was close to the Packhams. Apparently he had physical altercations with his wife before the murder + was quite a temperamental person.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
OMW what a dumbass....doesn't anyone watch C&I channel?
I guess they think SA police are too dumb to solve crimes.

smi

Expert Member
I read the daughter knew of the affair before the wife found out? Really, if true you don't tell mommy?