DNA confirms burnt out body is that of missing Constantia woman

zophas

Years ago people used to say that if you are too dumb to get a job you can always join the cops or the army. I think that is still true. Except for the army part maybe.

daveza

Honorary Master
https://ewn.co.za/2019/06/12/rob-packham-handed-22-year-sentence

Convicted wife killer Rob Packham has sentenced to 22 years in prison for his wife's murder.

Last month, the businessman was found guilty of murdering his wife, Gill Packham.

Packham was arrested shortly after Gill Packham's body was found in the boot of her burnt-out BMW at the Diep River train station in February 2018.

The eldest daughter of the convicted killer recently took to the witness stand to testify in mitigation of sentence. Kerry Meyer begged the judge to not "put him away forever".

Meyer described her father as a wonderful, loving and caring man who was never aggressive towards her and her younger sister or their mother.

Packham’s face turned red as he sobbed in the dock. His relatives in the public gallery also cried.

Dick. Now the kids have no mother and no father.

Divorce would have been better ne ....

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
I read the daughter knew of the affair before the wife found out? Really, if true you don't tell mommy?
Ever consider the fact that the daughter may have hated the mother for her treatment of the father ?.
Believe me it happens more often than not.

nightjar

Expert Member
Years ago people used to say that if you are too dumb to get a job you can always join the cops or the army. I think that is still true. Except for the army part maybe.
Too dumb!
Not worth another topic but this book review gives food for thought.
On the day in 1967 when Hamilton Gregory reported to a Tennessee induction center to begin his service in the U.S. Army, a sergeant presented him to another young man who was also headed to Fort Benning, Georgia, to start basic training. The other new soldier’s name was Johnny Gupton, or so Gregory calls him. “I want you to take charge of Gupton,” the sergeant told Gregory. Before they boarded the bus to the airport, the sergeant handed Gregory Gupton’s paperwork along with his own, to carry on the trip.

In the next hours and days, Gregory discovered why the sergeant had put Gupton in his care. Gupton could not read or write. He didn’t know his home address or what state he was from, so he could not send the pre-stamped postcard the new recruits were given at Benning to tell their families they had arrived. He didn’t know his next of kin’s full name, didn’t know that there was a war in Vietnam, and couldn’t tie the laces on his combat boots. [/quote
https://mwi.usma.edu/book-review-mcnamaras-folly/

daveza

Honorary Master