Do not use Makro Online

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Ordered a new Defy Oven and Hob through Makro Online on the 21st December, 2018.

The email stated 7 - 10 days to prepare the order.

screenshot.721.jpg

By the 16th of January I hadn't hear anything from them, so I emailed customer support. And was told... "Kindly note delivery takes up to 40 days and you will receive confirmation of delivery once your order is with the couriers. "

On the the 29th January (39 days) I emailed them again, asking what was going on. This time I go no reply at all.

I called them on Friday, 1st February, and the lady said "the order is still in process, can I help you with anything else?"
I then posted on their facebook page, and somebody called me a day later to say that they were awaiting information from their buyer, which tells me that they haven't even ordered the stock yet from Defy.

SAguy

Expert Member
That's crappy, sorry your experience has been so bad.
I ordered a jojo tank last year, was told delivery would take 3-4 weeks - I got it in 4 days.

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
I also ordered a washing machine (Samsung) last month and it was delivered like 4 days later.

Solitude

Expert Member
They are the worst. I've written about my experiences with them before too. In my case the bar fridge took months to deliver and then they delivered a cheaper one, promised to pay me back the rest and never did. I just gave up. They just promised and promised and promised.

Will never buy anything from them again.

Craig

Honorary Master
I ordered my SO a smart watch a few months ago, got it with 2 or 3 days. But hopefully they will sort you out quickly.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Never had any issue with Makro online, one or two deliveries were delayed but nothing major. I think ill keep using them thanks

Magandroid

Expert Member
Ordered a new Defy Oven and Hob through Makro Online on the 21st December, 2018.

The email stated 7 - 10 days to prepare the order.

View attachment 614156

By the 16th of January I hadn't hear anything from them, so I emailed customer support. And was told... "Kindly note delivery takes up to 40 days and you will receive confirmation of delivery once your order is with the couriers. "

On the the 29th January (39 days) I emailed them again, asking what was going on. This time I go no reply at all.

I called them on Friday, 1st February, and the lady said "the order is still in process, can I help you with anything else?"
I then posted on their facebook page, and somebody called me a day later to say that they were awaiting information from their buyer, which tells me that they haven't even ordered the stock yet from Defy.
So why not cancel the order? If they had initially said 7-10 days and the later tell me up to 40 days then I would have cancelled the order right there.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
i ordered once online with Makro about 15 months ago.
What a mission to get my stuff. Also waited over a month for delivery.
And then I needed an invoice so that I can reclaim my money back from my company. Another month of me trying to commute with them.
Another huge hassle, I eventually resorted to hellopeter.com and then got my invoice same day.

Pathetic online shopping experience. Never again

Reactions: Fro

REAList_1

Ordered a new Ipad from them.
They kept my R16000 for 3 months before telling me they cannot deliver the item.
Will never ever touch them again.
Makro has ceased to be competitive a long time ago.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I think the problem here, (not LazyLion's problem) is ordering anything during the December holiday rush, somebody messed up and the order was lost in the system. I make it a point not to do any online shopping during this time. I have bought a couple of things online and just like everybody else order was delivered within a week.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I think the problem here, (not LazyLion's problem) is ordering anything during the December holiday rush, somebody messed up and the order was lost in the system. I make it a point not to do any online shopping during this time. I have bought a couple of things online and just like everybody else order was delivered within a week.
Nope.. It's makro period.. They don't know how to do the online thing.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I did my one online order with them in September 2017 and battled for 2 months. Never Again

Grant

Honorary Master
i have had the misfortune to order once - never ever again

they lie & bullschit, call them and they dont know their arse from their elbow.
the package is here, the package is there, the package is with the courier, the package is waiting for the courier.

dont waste your time with morons in the call centre - call one of the directors (doug jones) and rain hell down on him.
instant delivery !

unobeat

So why not cancel the order? If they had initially said 7-10 days and the later tell me up to 40 days then I would have cancelled the order right there.
My thoughts too.
I am yet to buy an item from their online store, but personally i prefer to go to the shop and buy the item.

Hansolo

Never had any issue with Makro online, one or two deliveries were delayed but nothing major. I think ill keep using them thanks
Yeah, it's okay when nothing goes wrong but if something does happen to go wrong you're borked. Do they use the same customer service agents for the phone and email, that they use in store? Sounds just as bad a Take a crap.com customer service. SA really has the worst customer service these days and it's only getting worse.

Mosgi

Odd. Wouldn't say mine was stellar but 6 days later (& I ordered around new years) my oven arrived, was well priced for a Bosch too. Seems like a mixed bag, but sure as he'll beats the lines inside. I'm yet to try the buy and pick up option.

Best bet then would be still search for the item you want, head on over to Hirsch's and get it price matched.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Your best option is always to buy it in the shop and arrange delivery. That is what I always do. Never had a problem - delivery within 24 hours.