Do you believe more in Pfizer or prayer?

Which offers more protection against Covid-19?

• Prayer

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Vaccination

Votes: 276 74.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 52 14.0%

• Total voters

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Why isn't Delta spiralling out of control here, as it is in USA etc.?

Our vaccination rate is still extremely low.

Wouldn't all the hospitals in SA be under pressure right now?

The current wave is at different peaks across the country.

Our hospitals in Cape Town have passed capacity. No available ventilators or ICU beds. My neighbor died Sunday as there where no available ventilators at the private hospital or neighbouring ones.

Keep in mind our DA Western Cape Premier is pulling a Trump and only wants patient over 45 tested - less testing = less invections. Saving jobs is more important than saving lives to the DA.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Bruh. You know all those nutters who argue that the "plandemic" is a cleansing force and that humans need to be culled? Yea, the folks who don't believe in it but also believe it has a divine purpose - those folks. They are the same people the damned virus is actually culling.

Perhaps there is divine poetry at work after all?
But I have not died yet, I havent even had covid!

Paulsie

Expert Member
No narratives changed.

You just think not being 100% effective means failure.
Don't think what I think..

A COVID-19 vaccine might:

Prevent you from getting COVID-19 or from becoming seriously ill or dying due to COVID-19
Prevent you from spreading the COVID-19 virus to others
Add to the number of people in the community who are protected from getting COVID-19 — making it harder for the disease to spread and contributing to herd immunity
Prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading and replicating, which allows it to mutate and possibly become more resistant to vaccines
Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer Inc. and Moderna Inc. effectively prevented coronavirus infections, not just illness, with substantial protection evident two weeks after the first dose, government researchers said.

I can go on all night long.

Nuke

Neither. Couldn't care less about this virus. Immune system fought it off 2 times already, will probably get exposed countless more times. Whatever.

Paulsie

Expert Member
I’d bet good internet pretend money that you haven’t got a clue how your immune system works.

Magic, right?
And why would you think that???

And by the way you describe "pretend internet money" I bet you don't have any either..

Zameside

Prayers won't change anything. God has no interest in whether you live, die, get sick, raped... You can be the most faithful and prayerful and die a horrible death, and the most terrible of sinners can win the lotto. God don't give a crap about what happens to you
Sounds like the atheist god.

Rosaudio

First Officer
Don't think what I think..

I can go on all night long.

Please go on all night, until it says 100% efficacy.

thirstycurve

Expert Member
I believe in science, facts and research and all of these say the same thing ONLY the vaccine can protect us the best. I'm sorry but if you believe something else you're a fool

Corelli

Expert Member
Well to be honest. Praying that nothing happens till I get my next dose of the vaccine.

God didnt teach you to be stupid, he told you to be prepared too.

The tale of the 10 virgins with the oil lanterns. Those that werent prepared, well their light went out, and those that did, well saw him.

Same with Vaccine. Prayer is great, but most really good religious people will get the vaccine.

Corelli

Expert Member
1stly you can easily get and transmit Covid even if vaccinated.
2ndly you can still die even if you have a vaccine, yet the chances are less, like 0.004 percent compared to 2 percent.

So in all honestly pray youre not one of that 0.004 % that well unluckily dies.

Paulsie

Expert Member

Dave

Honorary Master
Say what you wish. The initial hope was for vaccines to become the solution to end the pandemic. It did not happen.
Now we are told it was never meant to be in the first place.

Of course, professor paulsie, you must be right.

Funny how the graph for Covid deaths looks for the UK though. The vaccine program really started rolling out in mid Jan 2021.

What do you think caused the graph to look like that?

0BEA25FF-CA5F-4986-9D3B-E79F1DC36E33.jpeg