Do you buy or sell items on Gumtree?

• Yes

Votes: 75 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 42 35.9%

• Total voters

marco79

Expert Member
I sold and bought a few goods on Gumtree in the past. But I find it more convenient and secure to buy and sell on Facebook.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I've sold and bought, though I'm finding some people are charging a lot more for things then should lately.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Occasionally, try avoid it as it's more frustrating than anything else. "Best price", "I can get it cheaper elsewhere", "what size is your queen size bed", "I will take it for xxxx cash" (wtf do you think you were going to pay)

OCP

Expert Member
Quite a bit - had a Bbg financial hole to climb out of 2 years ago and sold off anything and everything we didn't need anymore.

Sold 2 cars and a motorbike also a few years ago + just got home with a cupboard for my tennant picked up on the way home and purchases through the gum of tree :)

MirageF1

Expert Member
Occasionally, try avoid it as it's more frustrating than anything else. "Best price", "I can get it cheaper elsewhere", "what size is your queen size bed", "I will take it for xxxx cash" (wtf do you think you were going to pay)
:crylaugh: Ye bloody morons and chancers.Internet's full of 'em...

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I use it but only respond to people that seem really interested based on their initial message. Takes a while to sell things this way but I don't have to deal with complete retards.

Gotta love those that can't even put a proper sentence together and just send one of the following -

"Still available", "Swaps", "Pics", "Interested".

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just had a new one to add to my list - item is listed as R1000. Just got a one liner - "Is the item R1000?" How ****ing stupid are people?

Another one recently, the guy emailed be five times in 30min telling me to contact him urgently, and is the price negotiable.

A good percentage of the time I don't bother responding.