Do you buy products on Amazon?

Do you buy products on Amazon?

• Yes

Votes: 93 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 33.1%

• Total voters

rodney465

I have not yet i wanted to but i dont understand the process maybe if Amazon got a wiki on how their system works it would be good

Ojaybie

Yes, occasionally and somewhat reluctantly. Only when I cannot get the stuff from local suppliers.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Not yet, but how easy is it compared to a few years ago ? ... Are all products now open to South Africa ?

Okty

Yes

- Ebooks
- Items not available in S.A. (hobby related)
- Items available in S.A., but with 'want-it-all' extortion prices (hobby related)

I use a forward company to consolidate batches and repackaging for cheaper shipping than single packets.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Yes, but haven't used aramex yet. So far only headphone related stuff and some screen protectors I couldn't find locally.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Hi. Is SAfr import tax included in the price you see on the web site?
Only when you are in the checkout phase. Sometimes it will show the shipping+duties cost on the item page but it will be in dollars so best to just go through the checkout and right before confirming the purchase it has a nice breakdown in local currency. The duties cost is an estimate but they generally over estimate it and they refund you the balance after a month or two.

Minosc

Yes from time to time

Delivery time is sometimes faster than OneDayOnly!

Dave

Honorary Master
This is a SA website so it's obvious the context was do you order on Amazon from SA.
I’m pretty sure it’s a fairly international website nowadays and there isn’t actually an Amazon.co.za...