Do you buy products on Amazon?

• Yes

Votes: 92 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 32.8%

• Total voters

RedViking

Nord of the South
STOP comparing Amazon prices Takeallot. You most likely will find it much cheaper somewhere elsewhere.

marlin178

Expert Member
How do you guys get it right, I tried buying something yesterday on Amazone and they said they do not deliver to South Africa?
Amarex Global Shopper gives you an address in the US/UK...etc so you fill their address in as yours and then there's no issues ordering from Amazon.

Appreciate

Only when you are in the checkout phase. Sometimes it will show the shipping+duties cost on the item page but it will be in dollars so best to just go through the checkout and right before confirming the purchase it has a nice breakdown in local currency. The duties cost is an estimate but they generally over estimate it and they refund you the balance after a month or two.
THANKS peter

JerryJaya

I am experiencing my first major issue with Amazon . I use AGS a lot and previously worked quite well. this time my shipment from Amazon has been showing as delayed and wait a couple of days... I spoke to amazon and their say its a freight forwarded parcel and we cannot check
AGS say no our problem since that item was not handed to us!... any advice ??

lived666

Executive Member
I am experiencing my first major issue with Amazon . I use AGS a lot and previously worked quite well. this time my shipment from Amazon has been showing as delayed and wait a couple of days... I spoke to amazon and their say its a freight forwarded parcel and we cannot check
AGS say no our problem since that item was not handed to us!... any advice ??
Has the delivery due date passed? There are always shipping delays this time of the year due to increased volume, I wouldnt worry about it too much.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I have family going to and from the UK a few times a year so normally just purchase and have them bring things along. never paid for shipping

APoc184

Honorary Master
Made my first purchase from Amazon Thursday last week.
Received my package yesterday afternoon.

Impressed to say the least. Pretty much saved 50%.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Made my first purchase from Amazon Thursday last week.
Received my package yesterday afternoon.

Impressed to say the least. Pretty much saved 50%.
Yeah - my Amazon Flashes arrived a week before their ETA although Aramex contacted me to provide them customs info... a day after they were delivered.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Yes, all the time. At least 1-5 products every month. Have them all shipped to my MyUS locker and from there via Fedex, UPS or DHL to me. Waiting time on average 1-3 days from Amazon to my locker and then 4 days or less from my locker to SA.