Do you find the Wish / SAPO "strategic partnership" reassuring?

Do you find the Wish / SAPO strategic partnership reassuring?

• Yes

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 186 81.6%
  • Other

Votes: 24 10.5%

• Total voters

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
SAPO doesn't deliver anything, definitely no deliveries in our area, so how are they suddenly going to deliver? Going to collect it from a SAPO building will be a headache I will not take on. So, for me, Wish will never be a consideration so long as the SAPO is involved.

The only thing I've received via SAPO in the last four years, has been an eToll statement. Miraculously, those find their way to me when nothing else can.

surface

Honorary Master
I have ordered from Wish before. Takes a long time, about 3-4 months. I get sms form Post office that specifies amount to pay and you have 14 days to collect.

Maybe things will improve.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I find it rather disconcerting that they had to establish a "strategic partnership" to basically do the job the Post Office is paid to do.
Not just that, they came up with a new charge just to deliver the package to you if it does indeed arrive.

airborne

Honorary Master
What exactly will be sped up, are they going to have a dedicated Wish sorting facility/hub?
The sorting hub is where it all goes wrong and parcels stall for months.

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
worthless goods delivered by a worthless Parastatal.
one thing is Amazon, but Wish? you'll find better things sold by those guys selling car chargers at the roadside.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I for one do find it re-assuring. I do have a P.O. Box over on the other side of town and I kept it since 2005. However with the closure of so many post office branches I doubt I will be renewing my P.O. box this year and rely on my street address instead.

That said I doubt it will speed up anything and it is nothing new to wait up to 6 months for online orders coming from abroad through SAPO.

jacosmit

Expert Member
Tracking of Wish parcels stop when it hits our shores. Having the ability to track it until I can go pick it up will save me a lot of stress.

Drifter

Honorary Master
I use Wish for bulk modelling supplies, it's just very very cheap, but sometimes can wait 6 months.

airborne

Honorary Master
worthless goods delivered by a worthless Parastatal.
one thing is Amazon, but Wish? you'll find better things sold by those guys selling car chargers at the roadside.
Actually if you are careful and know what you are looking for Wish carries pretty much the same stuff the Chinese sellers on eBay or any other platform sells.

I'd love Wish to get SAPO shipping sorted because then I can start ordering all the weird little bits and bobs again that are either impossible to find in SA or are ridiculously expensive relative to what they are.

RogerJames

Can only be an improvement on the current situation.
Wish issues its own tracking numbers which SAPO does not recognise (nor does anyone else for that matter).
IF the product should successfully arrive in RSA then SAPO issues new/its own tracking numbers.
The customer is not aware of the new tracking number UNTIL SAPO advises the item is ready for collection.
I have lost multiple items from Wish which did not arrive and could not be traced.

evanboo

They have only made the Lucky packet of uncertain service deeper......

Ikhraam

Are you reassured by recently announced strategic partnership between South African Post Office and the online retailer Wish?

Will promises of better tracking and faster delivery times sway you to use Wish more?
I bought stuff from Wish and it was a complete disaster. They claim the order was delivered but no reference number to follow up with SAPO. I think these 2 incompetents teaming up will lead to major catastrophe and I certainly will stand by decision never ever to buy from Wish and have as little as possible to do with SAPO. I think Wish might have done better, their own incompetence notwithstanding, had they teamed up with one of the other postal alternatives.

Ikhraam

They are but they are no Amazon. Don't ever buy from them you will loose your money and your sanity.