Do you guys think I will lose weight doing this?

Lino

I am back
New Eating Plan
• Eat 6 times a day.

• Each meal may only be less or equal to 150 calories. This equals a total of 900 calories a day.

• Very important, if having a drink then it replaces a meal. (Drink 100 calories)

General Loss Breakdown
• It should be noted that current weight is 90KG’s. Height is 1.7Meters and Age is 20.

The aim is to weigh 65 KG’s by middle of September 2008.

• 6 Months is allocated to lose the goal weight. Each month 4.3 Kg’s must be lost.

• This is equal to losing 1,075 kg’s a week.

Exercise Regime
• Follow set out exercise plan. Do not over strain one’s self.

• The aim is to burn at least 500 calories at each gym session.

• During April attend gym 3 times a week.

• From May attend gym 4 times a week.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
- eating 6 meals a day is good - eat lots of small meals.
- never replace a meal with a drink
- 65kgs - thats a little light don t you think. and your also pushing losing 1kg/week.

what in gym are you planning on doing. if you put on mucsle mass your weight will increase as it weighs more than fat.

what's your % body fat?

Lino

I am back
- eating 6 meals a day is good - eat lots of small meals.
- never replace a meal with a drink
- 65kgs - thats a little light don t you think. and your also pushing losing 1kg/week.

what in gym are you planning on doing. if you put on mucsle mass your weight will increase as it weighs more than fat.

what's your % body fat?
Is it too much to lose 1kg a week? Well at gym I do the following:

1 Hour of cardiology (20 mins on treadmill; 20 mins on bicycle; 20 mins on orbtrek)

1 Hour of basic toning, this includes peck deck, etc.

I think my body fat is 22%?

I want to reach 65kg's so I can start to build up from that

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It will probably work... but why do you want to lose so much?

I would say around 70 to 75 should be ok.

the other factor to consider is that unless you make this new meal style your lifetime habit you will not keep the weight off. In order to keep it off you need to adjust your habits and eat healthy.

Make sure you include a lot of roughage and fiber in your meals.

You will lose weight much faster if you cut out all sugars.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
your body fat is within the normal range - why do you want to loose weight?

you plan on doing 2 hours of gym a session!!!! Not a good idea at all.

BT6LW

linoman - unless you are a 3 foot tall woman - eating 900 calories a day will seriously damage your metabolism - although you will lose weight - the moment you eat normally again - you will gain 4 times what you've lost -

For a healthy male - you should aim to eat at least 1800 calories a day - preferably 2000 - it also depends how much fat you have atm.

Losing 1KG a week is quite possible - all it means is that every week you need to eat 9000 less calories than you burn.

The normal daily requirement for a healthy 20 year old is approximately 2800 - 3200 calories - by eating 1800 calories a day - you will burn 7000 calories a week. Make sure the extra 2000 gets burnt by doing excersice.

You want to also ensure that twice a week - i.e. 3 days perfect eating (1800 calories a day - 1 day 2800 calories a day - to ensure your metabolism stays working and ends up working faster - you do not want to stay at 1800 calories a day for too long - your body will be damaged doing so .

While losing 30kg's of fat you will also lose LBM (lean body mass) and you want to try and build that back up - remember that to lose fat you need a calory deficit - to build muscle you need a calory surpluss - doing both at the same time is very difficult.

Your excercise should be primarily cardio - and combined with some weight training to prevent significant LBM loss.

Your best bet would be to get a body stat done - determines the % of fat you have currently and based on that - you can work out your correct diatary requirements - also work into the formulae your body type (i.e. endomorph - ectomorph - mesomorph )

Hope that helps - :p

furnic

Expert Member
It should be noted that current weight is 90KG’s. Height is 1.7Meters and Age is 20.
are you a boy or like one of those girl thingys?

geez, i dream about the days I weighed 90kgs

anyhow drink a ton of water, 6 meals a day is good

man you only weigh 90kg and want to lose weight ***sigh***

if you a girl, fine, sounds a tad heavy, if you are a guy, just go do some muscle training

Boodles

Executive Member
Well i'm about 1.74 tall, and weight 60kgs.
Linoman, i think your goal weight is about right - 65kgs.

Its really a case of eating sensibly and doing gym/exercise, as you have mentioned.

Make sure you dont overeat when having supper as well.

Good luck dude.

thedutchman

Expert Member
65 is not much... than ur just skin and bones with no muscles... just make sure ur not pushing the limits and ur fine. You can always talk to a person that does theses eating plans for a living and together with a gym trainer u can work something out that works best for u

Ou grote

Honorary Master
New Eating Plan
• Eat 6 times a day.

• Each meal may only be less or equal to 150 calories. This equals a total of 900 calories a day.

• Very important, if having a drink then it replaces a meal. (Drink 100 calories)

General Loss Breakdown
• It should be noted that current weight is 90KG’s. Height is 1.7Meters and Age is 20.

The aim is to weigh 65 KG’s by middle of September 2008.

• 6 Months is allocated to lose the goal weight. Each month 4.3 Kg’s must be lost.

• This is equal to losing 1,075 kg’s a week.

Exercise Regime
• Follow set out exercise plan. Do not over strain one’s self.

• The aim is to burn at least 500 calories at each gym session.

• During April attend gym 3 times a week.

• From May attend gym 4 times a week.
Is that mxit chick making u do this?

Lino

I am back
Wow, I didn't expect so many of you to respond to this thread. Thanks guys, I must admit all the advice is seriously over whelming. To answer some of the questions.

1) I want to lost a lot of weight so that I can go down to skin and bones and then build up muscle and definition from there.

2) I am a guy not a girl thingie:D

3) I used to do weight training and then I stopped and guess what it all turned into ugly fat, I really want to lost all of that.. Not build from the fat up.

4) No my girl friend aka mxit chick is not making me do this. What is though is the fact I am sick and tired of struggling with my weight like I have for the past year. I no longer want to be a statistic on the obesity scale.

killadoob

Honorary Master
ok so your going to consume 900 calories and only burn off 500? that does not sound right

i have lost 8kgs in about 3 months

i cannot see how anyone can possibly drop 1kg a week

2 of the most important factors in weight loss is eating a decent breakfast like special k and drinking alot of water

do not starve your body because it will have the reverse effect when u eat normally as someone mentioned

also if your trying to lose weight why are you spending so much time toning, rather spend 2 hours a day on cardio

1 hour in the morning and an hour at night

eat well, dont starve your body

light rye bread from spar is very good for you
salad is very good you and gives your body what it needs
eat alot of fruit, dont eat to many grapes as its got the highest content of sugar

basically carbs are not your friend and cut any big carb foods such as bread potatoes

what i have learnt in the last 3 months is burn off more than you put into your body but allow your body to still get everything it needs

Ou grote

Honorary Master
ok so your going to consume 900 calories and only burn off 500? that does not sound right

i have lost 8kgs in about 3 months

i cannot see how anyone can possibly drop 1kg a week

2 of the most important factors in weight loss is eating a decent breakfast like special k and drinking alot of water

do not starve your body because it will have the reverse effect when u eat normally as someone mentioned

also if your trying to lose weight why are you spending so much time toning, rather spend 2 hours a day on cardio

1 hour in the morning and an hour at night

eat well, dont starve your body

light rye bread from spar is very good for you
salad is very good you and gives your body what it needs
eat alot of fruit, dont eat to many grapes as its got the highest content of sugar

basically carbs are not your friend and cut any big carb foods such as bread potatoes

what i have learnt in the last 3 months is burn off more than you put into your body but allow your body to still get everything it needs
This is good advice.
Still sure it's the mxit chick.

To add some more:
If u drink lots of milk, I'd suggest switching to Skim milk.
We live in the same area, try Darling Skim milk, tastes pretty good.

killadoob

Honorary Master
alf very good man i totally forgot about that

i eat my special k with skim milk i dont actually drink anything other than skim milk