Do you guys think I will lose weight doing this?

gregmcc

Honorary Master

hierts

to lose weight you need to be healthy, so do the following.

Eat 6 times a day
Drink water, not during meals though.
Eat the right foods, stay away from fatty stuff like eggs(the yellow bit) anything deepfried. Go easy on the carbs at night. Eat nuts!
Dont starve yourself, you'l only become a skinny angry negative dude:D

As for cardio, do your normal stuff but throw in high impact 2 days a week. Do 10 mins on machine of choice at 40% effort level, then for the next 10 mins alternate between one minute of 90% effort and one of 40%. Of course if you can 20mins at 90% is best;)

Dont stop the toning, just do a full body workout 3 times a week. Focus on lower weight with higher reps. When you train big muscle groups they keep using energy well after you walked out of the gym. So train them right and you burn calories as you sleep..

Kasyx

Expert Member
My goal weight is 90 (although that might be pushing it). I'm currently at 106kg, height of 178cm - around 17% body fat. Losing weight is a mission :( I was at 113kg a few months back; I've tried in the past, made it down to around 100kg, but then just somehow put it back on again :(

Right now I probably eat around 1500 calories a day and drink 3 litres of water. I don't exercise though (don't really have time), and my job consists of sitting on my ass in front of a pc.

Any suggestions on how I could lose the extra weight? Let me guess; exercise?

Right now I eat a yogurt smoothie for breakfast, some Vitasnacks at around 10am, 6 corn crackers with sugar-free peanut butter for lunch, and then a full-ish supper consisting of something like roast chicken and rice, or steak, or pasta. I also drink on average 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day, however I do not eat sugar, at all.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Linoman :D But I'd also quite like to lose a few. One thing you seem to have that I don't is the determination.

killadoob

Honorary Master
kas go buy yourself an orbitrek man

1.6k dont buy the 3999 version unless you have 4k to spend

you can do 20-30 minutes in front of the tv in your house and dont need to go to gym

you cannot tell me that you cannot find 30 minutes in the morning and evening to do this

it in your house, easy to use and no need to go to a gym

if you eating healthy then losing weight this way should be easy

kas yogurt aint the best thing for losing weight
go buy special k and blend it with skim milk :)

try substitute coffee with Milo
try eating more fruit and salad as well

remember Fat is not always the problem with weight as your body actually needs fat
carbs are your problem as to many carbs turns in fat as far as i know
believe this or not sugar is not a problem as well as your body needs energy

carbs are the devil and you should inspect everything you eat and see how many carbs they contain

now obviously im not saying to much fat is good but the right amount is not bad :), its alot better than way to many carbs

Last edited:

Kasyx

Expert Member
kas go buy yourself an orbitrek man

1.6k dont buy the 3999 version unless you have 4k to spend

you can do 20-30 minutes in front of the tv in your house and dont need to go to gym

you cannot tell me that you cannot find 30 minutes in the morning and evening to do this

it in your house, easy to use and no need to go to a gym

if you eating healthy then losing weight this way should be easy

kas yogurt aint the best thing for losing weight
go buy special k and blend it with skim milk :)

try substitute coffee with Milo
try eating more fruit and salad as well

remember Fat is not always the problem with weight as your body actually needs fat
carbs are your problem as to many carbs turns in fat as far as i know
believe this or not sugar is not a problem as well as your body needs energy

carbs are the devil and you should inspect everything you eat and see how many carbs they contain

no obviously im not saying to much fat is good but the right amount is not bad :), its alot better than way to many carbs
I could find the time to exercise, but the issue is that I am *lazy* :D

Yogurt is one of the few things I can actually eat, so I think I will keep it. I can't eat yeast, most fruit, sugar, anything with mold (cheese), mayo, and so on. So my diet is very limited to begin with. Don't get many carbs anyway, considering my lack of yeast-intake.

Fuma

Executive Member
Everyone here wants to lose weight. I want to gain it :D
I'm 1.86M tall, and weight 59KG. Underfed/malnutrition if you ask me.

Any diet, training programme for me? Help anyone!!!!:D

Lino

I am back
Good luck to everyone else who wants to lose weight. After reading through the posts from all your guys I am going to adjust my daily calorie intake between 900 and 1500 per a day.

Since yesterday I lost 1 kg, I now weigh 89kg, anyone want to tell me how that's possible? Yes I know it could be water but I did drink about 2 liters yesterday

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Good luck to everyone else who wants to lose weight. After reading through the posts from all your guys I am going to adjust my daily calorie intake between 900 and 1500 per a day.

Since yesterday I lost 1 kg, I now weigh 89kg, anyone want to tell me how that's possible? Yes I know it could be water but I did drink about 2 liters yesterday
Boodles can tell u.

Lino

I am back
Anyway, today its another day at the gym. Although yesterday I scared myself when I heart rate jumped from 130bpm to 180 bpm

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative

Linoman, please listen to the peeps above who advise against a very low calorie diet. If you really are eating less than 1500 calories (maybe you're not counting properly - easy to fool yourself), you WILL suffer medical problems.

To get to your current weight you've been eating close to 3000 calories per day. To loose sensible you MUST eat at least 1800 calories per day. More if you exercise. Aim for 20/40/40 F/P/C, 6 meals a day, 300 calories a pop.

The idea to first loose everything and then build up is not quite right. If you're at 22% body-fat (I slightly doubt it :)), you would've lost a fair amount of muscle to get to 65Kg.

Rather loose weight WHILE you do resistance training. You can loose as much, if not more, fat while doing resistance training than just doing cardio. Do cardio 3 times a week (M,W,F), weight training 3 times a week (T, T, S). Don't over exercise.

Forget the scale and aim for something like 15% body-fat but make sure you measure it properly. Once you've achieved that, decide if you like what you see (you will) and take it from there.

Again, 900 calories will kill you and 1500 calories put you on par with a 50Kg young girl.

Your single most important tool is a 100% accurate food log.