Do you have a call/SMS filtering app on your smartphone?

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you use an app like Truecaller that blocks spam calls, messages, or identifies unknown numbers on your smartphone?

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Yes I use Truecaller.

I also have a built-in function that just refuses to answer unknown numbers.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I don't have anything installed.

But I use the truecaller website to list scammers and pranksters and such...

C4Cat

Executive Member
I just block everyone that's not in my contacts or white list. Not sure if this call/sms blocking I use is a MIUI feature or standard android but I didn't install it... I also keep my phone on silent permanently. I used to use truecaller but it wasn't working properly and was full of ads, plus I wasn't always so comfortable sharing all my contacts with them...

PaCiFieR

I use Call Blocker (Android) far less resource intensive than TrueCaller. Works like a dream.

RVQ

Expert Member
Truecaller and phone set to drop all unknown numbers

Ecco

Executive Member
I use the standard android features for blocking calls or sms

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Use the existing facilities available on the device, but use truecaller to ID a number if and when required, but not on a mobile device! I saw what happened to my daughters phone when she installed truecaller.

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
At first I used the truecaller website to filter calls out, but after getting a barrage of spam SMS'es I have installed truecaller.

Somehow my cellphone number made it on a spam list, as I never received spam on this particular number before.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Use the existing facilities available on the device, but use truecaller to ID a number if and when required, but not on a mobile device! I saw what happened to my daughters phone when she installed truecaller.

What happened to her phone?