Do you have an SSD in your laptop?

Do you have an SSD in your laptop?

• Yes

Votes: 114 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 20.8%

• Total voters

RandomGeek

Do you have a solid state drive in your personal/work laptop?
Yes! Makes the laptop a lot more responsive than the spinning rust that came before it.
Also a consideration is reliability - SSD has no moving parts compared to HDD; given the average laptop is moved about quite a lot this is also an important consideration

D4N_CPT

Work=Yes
Personal=Installing one before the end of the month

Don't know how I ever worked without one before...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah, my sister doesn't though!! Can't wait to upgrade hers but she's so tech unsavvy she may not notice the difference!! :crylaugh:

me_

Work laptop, home laptop and Desktop...

I have a few harddrives for bulk storage in my desktop, but I couldn't imagine booting an OS off spinning disk anymore.

ISP cash cow

Expert Member
Yes,

I actually broke one of my previous laptops due to the bad response time and the constant hanging whenever I opened my CRM management software and outlook at the same time. Got a brand new laptop with new ram and was still having the same issue.

I put in a SSD drive into it and have not looked back since.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Im just going to get a new Asus Ultra book. Suits my needs, they are nice and light, SSD included...just have to wait for stock.

Last edited:

mje

Do you have a solid state drive in your personal/work laptop?
Yes. I have a rather old Dell XPS 17" (I7, 1080p), which has two drive bays and four memory slots. Memory is up to 24G. There is a 250GB SSD as primary drive - which runs my Linux core programs, my e-mail directory and the MySQL data area, and a 1TB spinning at 7200rpm with all the rest of my stuff.
When compiling (I run Gentoo), I run a RAM TMPFS -so compile in RAM. Its pretty quick.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Work = No
Desktop for home = Yes

First upgrade I did.
SSD + More RAM
My work machine would be perfect if I could do this. Problem is, my Group IT, would have me flayed and barbecued if I did it. Have contemplated it many a hour of most days. Sadly I just don't think it'd be worth it :(