• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Do you have fibre-to-the-home coverage where you live?

Do you have fibre-to-the-home coverage where you live?

• Yes

Votes: 140 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 95 40.4%

• Total voters

Sumen

Expert Member
Those complaining about net being covered: Get involved with the carrier of your choice and have them send you flyers etc that you can put in postboxes or hand out one Saturday at an intersection to help drum up interest. If you sit around and wait, you will be waiting a long time.
I asked Vumatel last year for some flyers, still haven't got a response as yet.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I asked Vumatel last year for some flyers, still haven't got a response as yet.
If you asked this last year, I would've given you stacks. They gave me like 5 boxes, that I spread out across the neighbourhood, and it think it was a month or two later, they started building.

Go to their offices.

Dragon_S76

I live in Thornton, CPT and NO i dont have fibre in my area :(

Whats really annoying is when I get cold calls asking me to sign up for fibre packages, me telling the agent that there is NO fibre in my area but they INSIST on checking the system, only to confirm what I already know, that there is NO fibre in my area :(

msquared

Expert Member
TT Connect on my street in Bedbfordview but I know MetroFibre, Vumatel and Openserve are also respresented in the area.

Calico182

Nope! And not even in the planning phase according to all the maps. Ironically WebAfrica head offices are three blocks away

Thor

Honorary Master
Yes, unfortunately, it's SADV and they have not connected a single unit, despite being here for 3 years.

mmmig

Honorary Master
There's a few cables layed in my area but the connection to Telkom Box from the local exchanged is still copper