Do you have SnapScan or Zapper installed on your smartphone?

Do you have SnapScan or Zapper installed on your smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Do you have SnapScan or Zapper installed on your smartphone? Do you find yourself regularly paying with these apps?

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I have both installed. Pay more with SnapScan than Zapper as it's more popular in CT.

I do prefer paying with either of these apps instead of swiping.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
No neither. Places, especially restaurants asks you to sit and wait for the payment to reflect on their side before letting you leave.
Just a lot more convenient to use a car or cash, rather than wait for it to reflect.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Both and I've never had to wait for payment to reflect on any restaurants side.

Meeza21

I've had both installed on my phone and used them regularly, uninstalled it now that the Nedbank Money App allows you to scan SnapScan & Zapper QR codes.

ISP cash cow

Expert Member
I've had both installed on my phone and used them regularly, uninstalled it now that the Nedbank Money App allows you to scan SnapScan & Zapper QR codes.
this, Used to use Zapper app but when I got a new phone never bothered to load it but now that the new Nedbank APP allows for snapscan and Zapper I have used it a couple of times.

Only crap thing is that I also have a Virgin Moneycard besides my nedbank cards and I cannot pay with that one through the Nedbank App

saor

Honorary Master
No neither. Places, especially restaurants asks you to sit and wait for the payment to reflect on their side before letting you leave.
Just a lot more convenient to use a car or cash, rather than wait for it to reflect.
A lot of restaurants present the code on a screen - when payment is done it reflects almost instantly on the screen. For the few places that still rely on sms's (markets etc.) I've never waited more than a few seconds for them to get the sms, and most times I just show my phone screen and they're happy.

(Snapscan - use it almost every day).

Flipside

Tried zapper with Masterpass but couldn't split the bill, did I miss this option or is it not implemented in Masterpass?