Do you have to call between 12 and 5am ?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
In a recent Vodacom ad on the radio I heard that you now get 60 minutes of free talk time for calls between midnight and 5am (if you recharge with something). While this certainly is appealing for nurses, petrol pump attendants and hookers who are experiencing a slow [-]day[/-] night at work - I fail to see how this is of any use for Joe Average.

If it was 60 free MB of data then perhaps you will have my attention. Even better would be 60 free minutes of data transfers.

Looking at networks in South Africa and their desperate attempts to flog voice data on their networks I wonder how long it will be before they start offering free data transfers. As we all know the South African telecoms industry is one to embrace the newest technologies with the oldest business model (milk 'em for all you can).

So then - who are you going to call between midnight and 5am? Clients ? :p

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
That is what I was thinking too. I wonder what was Vodacom thinking....

K

kingrob

Maybe just for people that need to call a cab late at night, or need to phone someone to say they arrived home safely.

I surely could use it, especially when we're out and about on the town. We don't drive, so have to make a call or two to Rikkis taxis. :)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
60 minutes to call a cab? I guess that is reasonable.

Can you spell that street name for me?..... eish.... uh.... Cape Town or Johannesburg ?

K

kingrob

60 minutes to call a cab? I guess that is reasonable.

Can you spell that street name for me?..... eish.... uh.... Cape Town or Johannesburg ?

Depends if we're in a big pub crawling mood. :)

Once again, it is just an extra from Vodacom, don't think it's meant to be squeezed till the last second. :D

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Street name??? :confused:

When you call the cab... in your.... erm... state of happiness :).

It is a nice idea but still utterly useless for 90% of cellphone users. They should rather focus on data special and freebies. Voice is dead.

JK8

Banned
Boys calling girls.
Husbands calling wives if they in different provinces.
School kids pranking everyone.

Life doesnt stop at 12...:rolleyes:

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
That be true - but I have much better things to do after 12 than spending 60 free minutes from Vodacom.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
But I want megabytes instead of minutes ! :p

Its like when someone tells me they are thirsty and I tell them to go drink water. Coke or Fanta would be so much nicer.

K

kingrob

When you call the cab... in your.... erm... state of happiness :).

It is a nice idea but still utterly useless for 90% of cellphone users.

LOL....I would really like to know how many people did you use for your ''poll''?

Think of the people living in the townships.....the dad is a security guard, wants to phone his wife to check if everything is ok when he is working late shift.....there are just too many to mention. I bet it will be actually closer to 10% that won't use it.

Like JK8 said, life doesn't stop at midnight for everyone in South Africa. :)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
At Col'Cacchio ? Yeah I think so - just need to check with my +1 first.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Just as with Talking Points

Now I am even more pissed off - you are right !!! They have absolutely no incentives for data users. All I hear is voice, voice, voice - well what about packets ?

Why can't I redeem data bundles with talking points? Why don't I get 60MB free between 12 and 5 when I might actually be doing so late night surfing?