• I would/might but it's not available

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 5.9%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
With delivery services available from the likes of Woolworths, Checkers, and Pick and Pay... do you have your groceries delivered to your home or do you prefer to do your grocery shopping in-store?

Has Covid changed your opinion of home delivery?

now05ster

Expert Member
Depends on whether or not the wife is away while I'm babysitting parenting. Not going to take the sproglets out to the shop with me. It's a massive hassle.

wbot

Expert Member
Sometimes but I prefer to shop in store. You don't always get what you want or ordered online or on app

Last edited:

Milano

Honorary Master
Sometimes but I prefer to shop in store. You don't always get what you want or orderered online or on app
That remains the problem. There are always limitations. App options, store substitutions, time slot availability. Checkers delivery has been very good, way better than PnP delivery but then limited to 30 items (but understandably that is also the reason it works so well).

OnlyOneKenobi

Depends... usually I'll just go to the store, but there are times when I'll have groceries delivered.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Would consider it in a first world country, not here. Who knows how your fruit and veggies would be handled especially.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
I've had my butcher deliver the monthly meat once, when we were both housebound, and it was a pleasure. Also the pharmacist, a couple of times - this is really useful when you're sick.
But mostly I prefer to see what I'm buying before I buy it, so although I'm a huge agoraphobe, I do go the shops in person mostly.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Checkers delivery only became available very recently. Haven't used or tried it yet.

Cius

Executive Member
A lot more these days but not for all stores. Checkers we use 360. Clicks dischem etc delivery. Woolies order and collect from the parkinglot.

Local green grocers do not have delivery options so we go in for a lot of our fresh stuff.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I probably would but it's not available where I live.
Prefer Checkers to Woolies any day of the week - only have to look at the price of Woolies chicken sosaties if I need a reminder why - but since our local Checkers launched their Checkers-60 service a couple of weeks ago the overall in-store shopping service has declined. They've dedicated a large portion of staff to the service to the detriment of their walk-in customers.

What happened to your local Sixty60?

Matt91

Expert Member
You should add "sometimes" seems that's the most common answer. For myself I generally only do the checkers60/60 if its just a couple of small things or the stuff I need for dinner/lunch or if I got hankering to bake something. Otherwise if it's a full shop I prefer to do it myself because I pay attention to the quality of the things like fruit and veg and expiry dates of the stuff I put in my trolley, when you order online they give you the kak from the front of the shelf and stuff that's about to turn.