Do you know how to use Tor and access the dark web?

Do you know how to use Tor and access the dark web?

• Yes

Votes: 79 33.9%
  • No

Votes: 154 66.1%

• Total voters

JFKTTG

Just heard of it and how to use it but don't have time to explore it. I have too many other priorities that are more important.

Shaun108

Executive Member
I used to visit the Wikileaks and white hat forums a few years back. People started posting disturbing stuff in a few sub forums so I haven't been back. Paid for assassinations, webcam abuse and cutting, medical experiments on homeless people... the list goes on and on, each one darker than the previous. An apt name for the Dark Web.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Not to single anyone out specifically, but the guys here saying they saw disturbing content and haven't been back or it's scary, do these images/sites disturb you that much and does it stay with you for a while?

I know most things don't disturb me anymore, but I have a strange curiosity with something I don't understand. I've never turned away from something and never went back because it disturbs me. I find it interesting there are so few here who has experienced the proper Dark web, and even more surprised so many know nothing of it.

Different strokes for different folks I assume :) Makes life interesting

Myrriad

After reading all these comments, it seems strange that anyone would want to access such things. It's a good thing most commenters have neither heard of it nor accessed it. Personally, I've come across it in some random blog post about VPNs and proxy servers (which I am clueless about) so have never bothered to see what it's all about.

terencej

Expert Member
Follow a Tor into a building in Hillbrow hijacked by somalies and you are in the Dark web. (non internet version)

HunterNW

Expert Member
Because of this thread I installed the Tor browser yesterday. Didn't find or see anything weird. Obviously i'm too stupid for the dark web.

chrisc

Executive Member
Nothing really useful there, unless you practice some dodgy deals. Must give scam artists a hard-on, all the fake promises and supposedly special offers, stolen credit cards for sale