Do you know someone who is affected by cellphone tower "radiation"?

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Residents of Glenmore in Durban state that electromagnetic radiation from a cellphone tower is affecting their health, causing short tempers, restless nights, and their dogs to act strangely.

Do you know anyone who is affected or claims to be affected by cellphone tower radiation, and is there any truth to their claims?

Idiosyncratic

Expert Member
Residents of Glenmore in Durban state that electromagnetic radiation from a cellphone tower is affecting their health, causing short tempers, restless nights, and their dogs to act strangely.

Do you know anyone who is affected or claims to be affected by cellphone tower radiation, and is there any truth to their claims?
I know someone... and I believe there's some truth to the claims.
-Heart rate increases close to towers
-Pain inside core muscles.
-Slight shaking, as if the person is cold.
-Uncanny ability to detect when in close proximity to towers without any other way of knowing - put this to the test, there's no way the person could have know.

I guess IEI-EMF is to blame. There's just too many people suffering from it that I don't think it's existence can be denied anymore. Well, call it what you want, but it's something, no?

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Would also be nice if the media can establish if this Glenmore is in fact even active...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
No, but I know a lot of tin foil hat nut job conspiracy theorists that THINK they are!
There could even be some kind of psychosomatic effect.
But there is zero evidence that cellular radiation is harmful.
Your microwave and the sun are probably more harmful.

But remember though, the weaker the cellular signal - the more hard your cellphone has to work to maintain the connection. So there might be more radiation close to your head where signals are weaker.

A weak signal will also cause your phone to work harder, giving off more radiation. So avoid using your phone in elevators, buildings and rural areas. Research shows your device emits more radiation when transmitting than when receiving.
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/08/6-tips-for-minimizing-cell-phone-radiation-2/

Reactions: ic

konfab

Honorary Master
I feel directly affected by cellphone tower radiation.

Lack of it causes irritation in the form of slow internet.
:D

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
-Slight shaking, as if the person is cold.
-ability to detect when in close proximity to towers
Not a cellular tower. But the iburst desktop modem, when it was a couple of meters away from me on extended browsing sessions.

There could even be some kind of psychosomatic effect.
But remember though, the weaker the cellular signal - the more hard your cellphone has to work to maintain the connection. So there might be more radiation close to your head where signals are weaker.]
Actually that makes more sense, although I am still unsure of it being not psychosomatic. I used to bring the iburst modem home and place it on a box to improve the signal from 2 bars to 5 bars (30cm higher would improve from 300Kb/s to 900Kb/s). I used to get the feelings above on extended browsing sessions (2hrs+). I have not gotten the feeling at work where the modem is 1m away from me for 9 hours/day. Work is <1Km from the iburst tower, and home around 3Km.

I still feel it was psychosomatic though, as mentioned be konfab irritation in the form of slow internet - although low dBm could result in stronger output from the modem (as per LazyLion) giving me the buzzing chills on my numb skin.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I know an old lady who's cottage is almost on top of a tower and when she is taken for an outing, her whole demeanor changes. Ringing in ears, shakes/trembles, sore muscles, etc etc. Does seem a smidge of a coincidence

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
If there is a physical reaction to it it should be easy to test scientifically. If there is a study on this link the paper.

access

Executive Member
apparently you can counter the effects..

https://earthpulse.net/sleep-emf-rf/

some people have told me they get affected, but they are the kind of people that talk **** all the time just to seem relevant. so i take what they say with a pinch of salt.

access

Executive Member
I can't sleep with that thing on!
do you have one? lol

they say it counters the ill effects of EMF and the geomagnetic field.

oh almost forgot, their tip if not buying their product is to lie horizontally flat on the earth. as they said.

mister

Executive Member
do you have one? lol
they say it counters the ill effects of EMF and the geomagnetic field.
oh almost forgot, their tip if not buying their product is to lie horizontally flat on the earth. as they said.
Yes I do have it. It worked at first but I got sensitive to it (true story)... I've been meaning to try it again at a lower intensity but I keep forgetting.

As for lying on the earth I use silver threaded sheets that are grounded to earth.

j4ck455

Executive Member
One of my neighbours claims to be affected in the head by a cellphone tower, I doubt it has anything to do with the tower but I believe the hysterical lady truly believes that the things she says are true and has managed to prove her own theory but only in her own head.

koeksGHT

Dealer
Turn the tower off, tell people output has been doubled, watch the symptoms arrive.

j4ck455

Executive Member
If the universe is still expanding on April 1st, MyBB should run an experiment to see if some people negatively react to news that street sign poles are now being used as transmitters for digital transmissions. The type of transmission depends on the shape of the street sign on the pole.

Such people should immediately call 17737 if they start to feel light-headed and are vibrating at the same frequency that Hlaudi uses for his community radio transmissions, they will each be given a unique reference number to go and have their head(s) examined at a public hospital, it will require an overnight stay and signing an organ donor form for neurological research, there is a risk of decapitation in extreme cases.

access

Executive Member
Yes I do have it. It worked at first but I got sensitive to it (true story)... I've been meaning to try it again at a lower intensity but I keep forgetting.

As for lying on the earth I use silver threaded sheets that are grounded to earth.
that means you are affected by the earths geomagnetic fields and radio waves from the earth and cosmos, it is the frequencies they work at apparently.

they are saying we are being microwaved if i had to simplify it, turning the planet into a microwave oven.

i guess thats what the silver threaded sheets are for that you use. does the silver not attract and amplify the waves though? like when using an antenna to boost a signal, silver is nice for conductivity.

oh and i know that people have silver threaded mattresses and things, the silver kills germs and things that grow around the thread in mattresses over the years. didnt know about any radio stuff.

Last edited:

HendrieV

It will only work if you remember to clamp an earthed lug to your big toe!

MickZA

Executive Member
We've got a tower on the edge of our little suburb, I doubt any home is more than 500m away from it.

Can't say I've noticed anything out of the ordinary ... OK, the dogs like crapping on the grass at the base of the tower and some residents only have two eyes (that's probably genetic) :p