Do you mainly use cash or card when shopping?

Do you mainly use cash or card when shopping?

• Cash

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Card

Votes: 65 91.5%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
For larger purchases I use a card but I always have some cash on hand.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Cash. Don't really like carrying my wallet around a lot so I keep the cash in my pants' pockets. Waiters and cashiers are not impressed whenever I give them crumpled up notes.

MickZA

Executive Member
Card - I'm disgusted by the filthy notes you get as change if you use cash!

Necropolis

Executive Member
Card - pretty much exclusively.

I do try to keep a bit of cash in my wallet though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I carry minimum cash, R100 at most. I do not do credit, and have survived without credit. I mostly leave my debit cards at home, but I do have security in place should I urgently need money. I hardly go shopping nowadays, most purchases are over the internet (incl. EFT).

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Cash. Don't really like carrying my wallet around a lot so I keep the cash in my pants' pockets. Waiters and cashiers are not impressed whenever I give them crumpled up notes.

Your answer to not wanting to carry a wallet around isn't to just keep a card in your pocket but to carry wads of cash! How does that make sense?

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Card is awesome to use, there are times when you have to pay cash, do try and have some cash in your safe or in your favorite hiding place, because one day we might have a massive blackout on communications and the lack of power to use cards electronically. Cash is King but STINKS !!:p

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Your answer to not wanting to carry a wallet around isn't to just keep a card in your pocket but to carry wads of cash! How does that make sense?

I never carry more than R300 on my person. The rest is in my wallet at home.

D3nz

Honorary Master
Card mostly.

It's a very rare sight these days to see people counting out cash to pay for their purchases (around here anyway).

craiglotter

I always use my credit card, primarily because I don't pay an additional transaction fee for using it.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Not comfortable answering this. You might just decide to stalk/rob me when I go shopping outside your offices.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Wallet consists of a credit card and drivers license...that's it.