Do you personally know of anybody who has died of the virus and 100 per cent confirmed by an autopsy? South Africa only.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Wish I could share the heartbreaking photos with you guys... of a friend, a brother, a husband, father of two young girls, a twin, and a health care worker..... and then another selfie he took 48 hours before his death with all the tubes and his chest a blood red colour, face cloth on his head to keep the fever down. Soul crushing. Be careful guys, this is not joke. Even if you don't believe it is a virus... it's killing people. Be careful.

pouroverguy

You are clearly misinformed about how N95 masks should be utilized and in addition what Is required to even reuse them. I know medical doctors who are working with samples who only have cloth masks and don’t have access to N95 masks because the stock is being horded or disappears from store rooms for resale & profit. But whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
The BF lost one of his locum nurses @ the clinic over the weekend. She was one of 14 staff who was in self isolation who is supposed to return to work today. The original staff member who tested positive is on the mend. All of them was doing OK including her and then yesterday morning he got a call that she had died over the weekend. She took a very sudden turn for the worse after not feeling well. She had 3 of the co morbididies listed for COVID. He is taking it hard. It is their first death.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
My condolences Ockie. Strongs to you all.
I just felt very sorry for him. I never met her, I only ever deal with the nurse that works inside the clinic who does my bloods every 3 months and refills my PrEP, but could see he is taking a hit. Dont think he has ever lost a staff member, well not due to her/his work. This nurse was one of the locum nurses they got to go out there and do their HIV testing, getting people onto PrEP and initiate onto ART if they test POZ. And they go into townships and hectic areas. These are brave people and they deserve our respect ..... and this nurse does have mine. Big time

I know she had her reasons, be it financial or simply her moral and will to do her job, but wish she did not put her life on the line knowing she had co-morbidities. :(

Blu82

Expert Member
Yes. A farmer who's wife was at hospital for an operation where she subsequently caught the disease and passed it on to him. He is leaving a wife and three kids behind. They have tested positive as well.

system32

Expert Member
>Do you personally know of anybody who has died of the virus and 100 per cent confirmed by an autopsy? South Africa only.

1594906489482.png

Zindzi Mandela's was tested positive for COVID-19.
Mandela, who served as South Africa's Ambassador to Denmark, died on Monday at a Johannesburg hospital.
Her son confirmed her COVID-19 diagnosis to the SABC on Wednesday evening.
He said autopsy results were still outstanding.

abzo

Honorary Master
>Do you personally know of anybody who has died of the virus and 100 per cent confirmed by an autopsy? South Africa only.

View attachment 876011

Zindzi Mandela's was tested positive for COVID-19.
Mandela, who served as South Africa's Ambassador to Denmark, died on Monday at a Johannesburg hospital.
Her son confirmed her COVID-19 diagnosis to the SABC on Wednesday evening.
He said autopsy results were still outstanding.

You knew her personally?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I just felt very sorry for him. I never met her, I only ever deal with the nurse that works inside the clinic who does my bloods every 3 months and refills my PrEP, but could see he is taking a hit. Dont think he has ever lost a staff member, well not due to her/his work. This nurse was one of the locum nurses they got to go out there and do their HIV testing, getting people onto PrEP and initiate onto ART if they test POZ. And they go into townships and hectic areas. These are brave people and they deserve our respect ..... and this nurse does have mine. Big time

I know she had her reasons, be it financial or simply her moral and will to do her job, but wish she did not put her life on the line knowing she had co-morbidities. :(

Little memorial he held for her today at the clinic.

1594983966615.png

Grant

Honorary Master
Well this thread clearly didn't go quite as intended.!!

Supervan II

Expert Member
Yes. A cousin's husband who worked for SAPS - was in his early 40's. Apparently he had a co-morbidity that no-one knew about, even although he appeared quite healthy. I suspect that he had hypertension due to stress.

Mobus

My uncle. 74. He wasnt tested but they had an outbreak at his care facility a few weeks earlier which supposedly was under control. His death certificate says natural causes. Explains our "excess deaths".