Do you plan to buy a Rain Mobile SIM?

• Yes

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 37 54.4%

• Total voters

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
I am contemplating getting this as a backup for when Telkom's LTE is stuffed, which seems to be happening more frequently lately.

I am concerned in that I cannot seem to find the "catch" with this service. I am also concerned at reading that things like torrents are blocked etc...

lestoran

No.

My family uses about 600Gb per month and RAIN does not seem to cater for that level of usage. ADSL is miles cheaper.

For smartphone use on the other hand coverage is just not there yet.

Wzjaxa

I would like to buy a rain sim bt my problem is my phone is for dual sim but other slot does not shows any network im with mtn

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I would like to buy a rain sim bt my problem is my phone is for dual sim but other slot does not shows any network im with mtn
If it's a "dual SIM" phone from a mobile provider like Vodacom, MTN, Cell C or Telkom, the second SIM is probably disabled via software.

This is my experience so far with Rain:

I made an account and ordered the sim this past Saturday. I got charged R120 but did not receive an email or sms confirming anything. On Tuesday the sim was delivered. It is now Thursday and I still have not received an SMS stating that my sim has been RICA'd and I still cant connect with it. I emailed them yesterday but it was ignored.

When I opened their website, which I did not log out of, it kept giving me an error. So I logged out and couldn't log back in. There is no "forgotten password" screen and the password which I am sure I used doesnt work.

As I have no email or SMS from them and cant log into their site, I have no idea what my account or order number is. I called rain today and they cant find my email address on the system. The guy even asked if I'm sure the order went through, yet I have the sim in my bloody phone.

Surely they can search for my phone number if my email is lost from their side, or even ask the courier company that delivered it what the order number is? I know that they are a new company so issues like this are expected, but I'm getting annoyed now.

buyeye

Expert Member
Got mine on Wednesday ( I did have to phone a few times and email) and I must say it's very nice to have the tower all to myself.

Don't get me wrong I want you guys to get your sims but my xbox downloads are going nicely.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Yes, ordered a sim yesterday. Have ADSL at work, Telkom Mobile on phone, but I need something that can handle gaming when my housemate is murdering the ADSL at home with Netflix... Curious to see how it performs.