Do you plan to buy an iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max?

Do you plan to buy an iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 145 81.9%

• Total voters
With a contract renewal every 2 years - no
With the current price point, it is one of the most expensive 24 month contract purchases in my household....

No. I'm not suckered into Apple's sleek advertising nor do I think the phones are reasonably priced. You have to be a bit of a dork to spend over 1000 pounds on a phone.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
No. I'm not suckered into Apple's sleek advertising nor do I think the phones are reasonably priced. You have to be a bit of a dork to spend over 1000 pounds on a phone.
Why would you pay in sterling when you live in South Africa :confused:

sand_man

Honorary Master
No bloody ways!! Way too expensive! And no consistent and reliable jailbreak for all versions of iOS. I might have considered it if a jailbreak was a given... For now it's Oneplus all the way. Can get almost 2 OP6's for the price of 1 Xs.

Still got my iPad's though, running 11.3.1 and jailbroken!! Absolutely love them!!

Corelli

To be honest I only buy my phones cash and use it for browsing internet and taking photos also for messaging and answering calls from marketers mostly.

Anything thats decent for video calls and the above. I dont need the fingerprint readers, the retina scanners, another heart rate monitor advising me that i will die young.

And i have no interest having to fork out 4500 for a replacement screen. I would rather go on holiday and see the real place. As such using a samsung s8 which cost me 4k equivalent with no contract as using fibre at home for internet etc and office wifi at work. So i barely buy 50 rand equivalent airtime. So basically my monthly expenses is 50 bucks a month.

My friend however has an iphone x. He pays about 1600pm. He uses the data when at home even though he has fibre too, and at office even though he has office wifi too. Then he makes work calls on it (even though we get a free deskphone).

So frankly if ure in SA and think again...would 2-4 cameras on a phone really make u look better? Would those extra gimmicks really make a difference?

If youre clever. Keep your costs low in SA. Dont splurge on a contract you dont need and a phone you dont need (get a samsung s6 its still got the best rates camera and does 4k video - cost r2500 or p20 lite r4k). Both will do the job. And you can invest the 25k on something else (tax free savings, further education, lower fuel car).

Because when the interest rate skyrocket as with the fuel price, another vat increase, additional 20% eskom increase). You really dont want to pay 1600 for a phone that. Effectively you can only need to pay for 100pm

rtayob

No bloody ways!! Way too expensive! And no consistent and reliable jailbreak for all versions of iOS. I might have considered it if a jailbreak was a given... For now it's Oneplus all the way. Can get almost 2 OP6's for the price of 1 Xs.

Still got my iPad's though, running 11.3.1 and jailbroken!! Absolutely love them!!
Im still using the 6s I got from you. Actually typing on it right now. So nada for me on the new Iphone. Way too expensive. Happy with my current. With the new battery it does everything I need it to.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Im still using the 6s I got from you. Actually typing on it right now. So nada for me on the new Iphone. Way too expensive. Happy with my current. With the new battery it does everything I need it to.
That thing is going to last for a while still, 2GB of RAM is what most mid-ranges till recently were (no, not the A9, that thing is flagship price).
The flagship market is just way too overpriced, like the RTX nonsense.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Awesome man!! I really enjoyed that 6s. Last iPhone I've owned. Glad to hear it's still serving you well!!