Do you plan to open a Discovery Bank account?

Do you plan to open a Discovery Bank account?

• Yes

Votes: 44 19.9%
  • No

Votes: 177 80.1%

• Total voters

Hellhound105

Expert Member
"The plan is for up to 10% of the shares in the new Discovery Bank to be owned by its black depositors, Discovery group CEO Adrian Gore announced on Wednesday "

Nah my skin color is wrong.

Also waiting for some SJW to moan something something about victim mentality

Dovi

Expert Member
Yes. Also, white people need to stop feeling so personally attacked every time a company proactively drives black investment which is so necessary in our country.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yes. Also, white people need to stop feeling so personally attacked every time a company proactively drives black investment which is so necessary in our country.
People shouldn't care about where others invest their money. It's their money and their choice where it sits. But yah, if folks aren't happy with it, vote with your ultimate power, money.

Dslartibarfast

After struggling for 3 years of trying to move up a level on Vitality to the point where I have cancelled it, no thanks. They said that it will run like Vitality so I assume that means every year they will change the goal posts, they will limit the total number of points you can get while constantly suggesting new things to do to only limit those points as well. They aren't offering anything revolutionary for established banking people to move, they should have targetted the unbanked.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Are you this stupid all day or only certain hours?

So if they said 10% whites only and there are riots are you going to say blacks need to stop taking it personally?

We have enough black investments to go around. SAA, Eskom, VBS....the list goes on.

Opportunities should open to ALL

msquared

Expert Member
I'll wait a little first and see what the general feeling is. I'm not in their eco-system so will be interesting to see how beneficial it is for me.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
No, and yes (medical aid is 50% subsidised by my employer, otherwise I would have considered moving that as well)

No entitlement shares- no Discovery bank account.

Dovi

Expert Member
Are you this stupid all day or only certain hours?

So if they said 10% whites only and there are riots are you going to say blacks need to stop taking it personally?

We have enough black investments to go around. SAA, Eskom, VBS....the list goes on.

Opportunities should open to ALL
What good reason could a company have for ring-fencing 10% of ownership to white people? Do white people as a whole need economic upliftment?

Opportunities should be open to all - that's the point of BEE by design, to provide the previously disadvantaged with opportunities.

Perhaps you should take some time to educate yourself on the need for previous economic redress and pop your entitled bubble.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
What good reason could a company have for ring-fencing 10% of ownership to white people? Do white people as a whole need economic upliftment?

Opportunities should be open to all - that's the point of BEE by design, to provide the previously disadvantaged with opportunities.

Perhaps you should take some time to educate yourself on the need for previous economic redress and pop your entitled bubble.
Dude, on a serious note. Have you really been brainwashed? Entitlement is something these new age Soyboys and NPCs use.

What you are saying is that by creating a new disadvantaged group we are fixing the wrongs of the past. Does not make sense.

Is Zuma entitled?
Is Malema entitled?
Is Mbeki entitled?

How de hel did Ramaphose get all his money? All these mentioned was previously disadvantaged yet they have a bit of money. Just look at business with BEE.

Also please show me where I am entitled? Not attacking you, I really want to know.

Dovi

Expert Member
Dude, on a serious note. Have you really been brainwashed? Entitlement is something these new age Soyboys and NPCs use.

What you are saying is that by creating a new disadvantaged group we are fixing the wrongs of the past. Does not make sense.
How are we creating a newly disadvantaged group? Giving one group a step up, does not equate to pulling another group back, prior to how many may interpret it. It's not me that I think has been brainwashed here...

Is Zuma entitled?
Is Malema entitled?
Is Mbeki entitled?

How de hel did Ramaphose get all his money? All these mentioned was previously disadvantaged yet they have a bit of money. Just look at business with BEE.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? Just because a few select individuals have done well BEE is no longer necessary for the other 40 million people who haven't benefited to the same extent?

Also please show me where I am entitled? Not attacking you, I really want to know.
Go read up on white privilege and the entitlement complex of the post-apartheid white South African.

krycor

Honorary Master
Nope.. moved everything but life, home insurance and medical.. with only the last I’ll keep until I leave SA (soonish).

If it’s anything like their investment platform, expect to get nothing back on real value but rather it being tied up I. Such a manner that if you ever leave you lose it all.

It’s 2018 Discovery.. anyone with a degree knows better I hope.

rietrot

Honorary Master
No. I don't have other discovery products and I don't like(and probably don't understand)how their rewards works. I'm not going to run around the block to receive my bank statements and even if I do run around the block that's non of their businesses.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
How are we creating a newly disadvantaged group? Giving one group a step up, does not equate to pulling another group back, prior to how many may interpret it. It's not me that I think has been brainwashed here...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? Just because a few select individuals have done well BEE is no longer necessary for the other 40 million people who haven't benefited to the same extent?

Go read up on white privilege and the entitlement complex of the post-apartheid white South African.
Yip you are brainwashed. You quoting all the lies that are told and the young taking it in.
Just your first reasoning makes no sense. Let me explain in an easy way:

"Giving one group a step up, does not equate to pulling another group back" - So if you allow the sprinboks to play 60 people against a team of 20.....does not equate to pulling another group back. Discrimination is....wait for it.....discrimination.

2nd so bee must be implemented until the other 40 mil gets their millions as well. Whites must now stand back forever?

I have a perfect understanding of this so called white privilege. Its a social construct made up by fools trying to validate their k@k university degrees while they party for 4 years.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
No and I am Discovey vitality member.

I already have enough bank options and currently are happy with my bank

konfab

Honorary Master
That only happens in a free market when people voluntarily interact with each other. It doesn't happen when you force people to treat each other differently.

These are the two scenarios:
If I put a gun to your head and demand that you give me your car, how do you benefit from it?
If I offer you a monetary value in exchange for your car, how do you benefit from it?