Do you plan to open a Discovery Bank account?

Do you plan to open a Discovery Bank account?

• Yes

Votes: 44 19.9%
  • No

Votes: 177 80.1%

• Total voters

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
All depends on how I can balance Discovery Bank with my FNB Account to get the most reward.

Ultimately would like both to get around FNB’s silly caps on eBucks earn now.

So I’m keeping a keen eye. Need a new phone anyway.

No interest in Vitality though and I hope there is no health tie in with the bank stuff.

newby_investor

Expert Member
So I’m keeping a keen eye. Need a new phone anyway.
Haha, I was wondering whether or not the prospect of a "free" iPhone would be interesting to you ;-)

I suspect they're going to want you to integrate everything to get the phone completely "free". Health, driving, money, insurance, investments, whatever. Maybe not, but we'll wait and see. If I can get it for nothing I might even be tempted to try the iPhone.

Sanzer

Yes, Im keen to see what they offer and no, Im not a vitality member.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Haha, I was wondering whether or not the prospect of a "free" iPhone would be interesting to you ;-)

I suspect they're going to want you to integrate everything to get the phone completely "free". Health, driving, money, insurance, investments, whatever. Maybe not, but we'll wait and see. If I can get it for nothing I might even be tempted to try the iPhone.
Ag doesn’t even need to be free.

But if it’s even half price and not hard to maintain I might do it.

My iPhone 6 is getting on a bit now.

ktmbikerman

I'm a vitality member, use their short term insurance and I have the credit card. My rewards statement says they paid me R52k in 2018. I'll definitely be joining the bank too. If you put a bit of effort in, the rewards speak for themselves.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
No account, yes vitality.

Why would I open an account when the CEO even said that they had pretty much nothing to offer that was better than anyone else?

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'm a vitality member, use their short term insurance and I have the credit card. My rewards statement says they paid me R52k in 2018. I'll definitely be joining the bank too. If you put a bit of effort in, the rewards speak for themselves.
You do realise you pay for the "rewards" right? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

ktmbikerman

I very much doubt I’ll be able to get the same cover elsewhere at a R52k discount...

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Why would I open an account when the CEO even said that they had pretty much nothing to offer that was better than anyone else?
Came here to say that.

I assume this banking will offer benefits to those integrated into the Vitality ecosystem, but I don't have Vitality and only one product from Discovery (a life policy), so there's no reason for me to consider moving my banking from Capitec, is there?