Do you remember? SASOL TV add with baby in pram.

bigboy529

Expert Member
This Sasol advertisement aired in the mid 90s back when most of us still only had SABC TV, think it was 95 or 96 and it was originally in afrikaans.
So, as I remember the two grandparents had to look after the baby boy in his pram. He then filled up at a Sasol pump, then he said "Glug, Glug" laughed, the pram revved up and with squeeling tyres road away. The grandparents sat there with shell shocked faces, the one then asked the other, "Waar gaan hy nou heen?" (Where is he going now?) the other replyed "Ag seker nie ver nie" (Probably not far.)
This add was so popular, that it aired again a year or so later and then they also translated it to english so it showed in afrikaans and english.

Good Times

MR.C

Expert Member
The gloog-gloog started with a litie and his toy car from what I can remember. Ouma and Oupa came after.

And what was that ad few years before where the guy fills up petrol in his beetle and it turns into a Porsche ?

bigboy529

Expert Member
The one with the toy car was also cool and it's actually on youtube, but I can't find the oupa & ouma one anyware on the net.

Edduck

Expert Member
isn't there another version with the speed cop behind the bush and then the pram drives passed at a heck of a speed, the cops chase the pram, stop it and then ask the baby for his license (I think...). Loved those old Sasol ads!!

Acid0

Expert Member
And what was that ad few years before where the guy fills up petrol in his beetle and it turns into a Porsche ?
They were sued regarding that add, as a person filled up his beetle and nothing happened (yeah stupid I know), he won the case as they ruled in his favor for false advertising. I think he received a Porche for the settlement.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Haha silly almost sound like America where you can sue anybody for anything. I vaigly remember the cop stopping the pram one, these days if you google Sasol adds you only get newer rugby adds.