Do you remember the original Mario Bros game?

bigboy529

Expert Member
I'm sure most of you remember and most of you played it at least once in your lives. The original Mario Bros was released in 85 and funney enough it was the best selling game of all time up until 2009. I spent hours playing it and remember the secret levels and also the glitch levels, I can't even remember if I once finished the entire game because back then you couldn't save, you had to start all over each time. If I think back now, it was a simple game but awesome fun, it entertained me for hours. I know in later years they made a lot of knock offs, but none was as good as the original TV game version. I read the other day the Gameboy advanced version they released in 2004 was the best selling Gameboy title for 2 years running and it wasn't even a souped up version, it was the original game with original sound and graphics released in the 80s.

esvi

Ahhh, the mini heart attacks when you almost miss those little platforms to get to the flag... Now I have that tune in my head LOL

Vegeta

Executive Member
Try Super Mario 3D Land on the Nintendo 3DS
Its classic style mario in Stereoscopic 3D, I don't have to tell you how amazing that is!
IGN rated it a 9.5/10

Its a bit easy to finish the game with Mario but once done you get to finish the game with much harder levels with Luigi... its awesome! Its just so creative the way they use the 3D and the way they use sound!

They will also bring out New Super Mario Bros. 2 later this year on 3DS it will be side scroll again like the original but with 3D layering and I will bet my lunch its gonna be awesome! :D

Last edited:

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Wasnt the original mario bros just a game where you had to 'clean the sewers' from turtles? i played it the other day.

isie

Honorary Master
any one ever managed to jump over the flagpole?

mouks

Expert Member
I played Super Mario over the Easter weekend and showed a friend how to get the endless supply of lives cheat. I was surprised he never new this:D. I always heard there were secret level but never believed it or were there?
Please share some secrets and cheat if you know of any?