Do you see 4G+ or 4G with Rain?

http://2share.co.za/Files/Windows.zip

Unzip that. I'm assuming you have a windows pc.

Edit huawei_band_tool_config.txt with the correct username, password and router ip address.

Run this one LTE_2600_TDD.bat

That will force the router to the 2600MHz band only. LTE_1800.bat for 1800MHz band only these are the 2 bands Rain support. See which one give you the best speed.

Run LTE_ALL.bat if you decide to activate all bands again.

Thanks to @Yuu for the link to the tool. Works very well actually compared to the huawei toolbox for the B315. :)
The download link no longer works:crying::crying::crying:, is there anywhere it was uploaded? I just bought this b618 router and it's disappointing compared to my Archer AC1350 MR400 from Tp-Link. Please let me know if you have it uploaded elsewhere because I'm getting 6Mbps down and 0.81 up.:crying:

cavedog

Honorary Master
The download link no longer works:crying::crying::crying:, is there anywhere it was uploaded? I just bought this b618 router and it's disappointing compared to my Archer AC1350 MR400 from Tp-Link. Please let me know if you have it uploaded elsewhere because I'm getting 6Mbps down and 0.81 up.:crying:
Attached it for you

Attachments

Attached it for you
Attached it for you
Thanks buddy, but I guess this router is just not for me. It didn't make much of a difference, though it was from 6Mbps to 12Mbps down and from 0.86 to 1.76Mbps. I'm in Auckland Park and hopefully it will do better in Tshwane since I'll be there full time from next month. Thanks for the upload though.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: