Do you (still) go to the gym?

Do you still go to the gym amidst the coronavirus pandemic?

• I never go to the gym

Votes: 124 41.2%
  • I used to go, but stopped because of Covid-19

Votes: 120 39.9%
  • I still go to the gym

Votes: 57 18.9%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
The initial investment for my kettlebell set already paid for itself. Even without it, you can do pretty much enough with something like a stepper/punching bag + own bodyweight vs paying for it every month.
Money wasn't the issue. The escalator wasn't working, loadshedding I guess.

binloud

No, there's plenty of science backing that up.

Higher temperatures and humidity also tend to result in other coronaviruses dying quicker, although research has shown that a related coronavirus that causes Sars could be killed by temperatures above 56°C or 132°F

While destroying the capsid is likely at 56 in an open environment, when its in cells or phlegm or droplets 56 is a lot harder to achieve. Yes a sauna maybe clean in terms of COVID-19 but if your mate sitting next to you coughs you still going to get it same as almost anywhere, human to human transmission is almost always how its passed, not a shared surface.

konfab

Honorary Master
I wanted to go, but then my wife convinced me that running next to the beach would be less risky. Going to have to deal with bad weather when the winter season kicks off but it is better that than catching kung flu.

Very happy that she did, as when we got home, we found out about the people who caught it at a gym.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I go to a private gym. They are taking precautions, being extra strict about watching that everyone washes hands when entering/exiting, cleans equipment etc... and they are keeping people up to date on the group chat. But I've only been once this week so far. Not sure if I will be stopping as a precaution, but I also worry about their revenue if we all stop going.

wbot

Expert Member
Been working out at home for the last 10 years or so

Last edited:

wise_guy

Expert Member
Many years of gym decided I'm going to cancel and take up jogging instead with some related core and strength exercises. No amount of gym work prepares you for the pounding you take on the road. I mean this in a good way.

Probably the safest alternative, to maintain fitness.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Many years of gym decided I'm going to cancel and take up jogging instead with some related core and strength exercises. No amount of gym work prepares you for the pounding you take on the road. I mean this in a good way.

Lies! you can only excercise at gym :ROFL:

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

My knees agree with you :(

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
No it's too expensive. I walk around the block and to the supermarket for free. Can't beat free!

hjst45

No it's too expensive. I walk around the block and to the supermarket for free. Can't beat free!
With medical aid, it is very close to free. Why else do you think so many people are shaving their asses in the bathrooms?