Do you still listen to the radio?

• Yes

Votes: 100 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 91 47.6%

• Total voters

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
I've voted no, although I do technically sometimes do i.e. only in the car travelling to work and back. Even then it's often just for a bit of noise.

The car radio is set for ECR but that morning trio can really get on my nerves sometimes.

chromedome

Expert Member
Yes only in the car. Capetalk, RSG and Smile 90.4. If there's cricket on, then I listen to that (99.4 I think).

Anti-Chris

I listen to Stephen Grootes on SAFM in the morning, mainly because I dont appreciate the anti-"everything that's white" rhetoric on 702 and the hypocrite and "aansitterige" Martin "Oprah Whinfrey wannabe" Bester irritates the **** out of me on Jacaranda.
In the afternoon I really enjoy listening to Rian van Heerden on Jacaranda

etienne_marais

Executive Member
Only while driving.

Desperately switching back and forth between 5fm and Jacaranda for something decent to listen to.

Back in the day I could not wait for Church to be over so that I can go sit in the car and listen to the TOP40 countdown on 5fm. Today not so much.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Does Spotify qualify as radio? If not then I only listen to radio when I enter other peoples premises and it is playing. But not something I do

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I hope you guys are paying for your SABC license
It's the right thing to do
And this is for those listening to:
5FM
SAfm
Metro FM
Radio 2000
Good Hope FM
RSG
Ukhozi FM
Umhlobo Wenene FM
Lesedi FM
Motseding FM
Phalaphala FM
Munghana Lonene FM
Ligwalagwala FM
iKwekwezi FM
tru FM
Lotus FM
X-K FM

I listen to Magic828 which is privately owned, so SABC can voetsek !!!

Paul Bedford

Stephen Grootes on SAFM on rare occasions, but now mostly podcasts in the car. Spotify for music.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I've voted no, although I do technically sometimes do i.e. only in the car travelling to work and back. Even then it's often just for a bit of noise.

The car radio is set for ECR but that morning trio can really get on my nerves sometimes.
Same

My issue is that everything I listen to like Podcasts and audiobooks are going to be less interesting to others riding in my car so I just pop on the radio in the morning when dropping off the kids etc.

I also use my ipod or Cd's (yes I still have some) when others are in my car. Most of the time I'm doing the commute to work so its podcasts and audiobooks.

Short trips are another time when I might pop on the radio (5fm) as It's not worth listening to 5 mins of a book

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
My issue is that everything I listen to like Podcasts and audiobooks are going to be less interesting to others riding in my car so I just pop on the radio in the morning when dropping off the kids etc.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

The kids get a vote? WTF?

konfab

Honorary Master
I will once they have 2 hour long shows about nuclear engineering and philosophy.

Till then, I am staying with my podcasts.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
No 94.7 playing kak, 5FM playing kak and the time I do listen Riaan met Riaan with his liberal kak annoys me

Charlesjjm

Used to listen to the radio when driving. Not so much at home. But at the moment all the Joburg stations irritate the living daylights out of me, so Spotify FTW.