Do you support a strict lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19?

• Yes

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 130 84.4%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member

R13...

Honorary Master
No. Lockdown means sweet all if the restrictions and regulations aren't enforced beyond banning stuff and forcing businesses to close. Business suffers and so do workers while people carry on as per usual on the ground.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Another one? Given what they "achieved" in the first 100 days? No.
give a government an inch and see how they abuse it.

my health is my responsibility, they should do something more useful like build park benches.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I strict properly structured and enforced LD YES. The mess we have in SA masquerading as a LD with stupid rules NO.

sand_man

Honorary Master
It seems to me the 100 day hard lock down has served only to prolong the pain and delay the inevitable... perhaps Gov should look at measures to accelerate the infection rate so that we can get "over" the pandemic and return to something vaguely resembling normal...

SA simply doesn't have the resources to stage much of a fight here, nor does she have the economic resources to be able to survive any form of lock down. Perhaps the strategy should be to try get over the hurdle sooner rather than later...

The only parties that adhere to lock downs are those that can be held legally accountable IE retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors etc while the man in the street carries on as if it were business as usual, blissfully spreading the virus to all and sundry...

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
The initial 3 weeks (actually 5 weeks) were hard but necessary to prepare the healthcare system.

However, subsequent events have shown that nothing of that sort was achieved (besides perhaps in the WC and to a lesser extent Gauteng), there is no point.

gottagoon

Expert Member
Gotta ride the storm and hope for the best. SA lockdown has ended up in a mess. Economy down the drain. All for nothing achieved.

Clowns in charge don't know what to do next. Unless it benefits them and their Cadre's. In one way or another.

AY EN SEE.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The initial 3 weeks (actually 5 weeks) were hard but necessary to prepare the healthcare system.

However, subsequent events have shown that nothing of that sort was achieved (besides perhaps in the WC and to a lesser extent Gauteng), there is no point.
So the initial three (five) weeks weren't in fact necessary.