• No

Votes: 75 33.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Forced Charity Type
Yes I support the Government , but it seems this charity sprung a leak, so I am lost.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
NSRI for last 15 years.

Joined my local Rotary as well and just started this week to help out with all things IT to a local charity run by a fellow Rotarian.

notayoba

NSRI for many many years. But maybe it doesn't count, as I use the ocean almost daily, and get rescued every now and then......so my donation is almost like a prepaid plan.

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

The Voice

Honorary Master
After finding out how much of what I'd donate would actually end up with the charity I intended it to, no.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Not necessarily charity organisations but did buy a well in Mozambique from one.

Do my own charity randomly paying for people’s trolleys, bought some school kids from Limpopo 20 pizzas once coz their teachers bought them apples and filled cups of water from the toilets in the food court. Things like that.

notayoba

excellent, how do you get them to stop phoning you regularly to see if you're interested in increasing your contribution?

had to resort to Truecaller myself
Haha. Actually got a call today, asked them to phone me back as I'm busy. Blocked number....

The old saying rings true. Help a man when he is in need, and he'll always remember you.......next time he's in need.

chrisc

Executive Member
Animal Welfare, NSRI, Gift of the Givers, Robin Hood Foundation, Animal Ocean, Learn to Earn + some private ones

I became the beneficiary of a trust established by a maiden aunt who specified that (at least) 1/3 of the proceeds were to be given to named charities. It was formed in 1955 so is now out of date. She was a director of Ellerman’s Shipping Lines from 1927 to 1949 and there had to be one marine charity

IMHO Gift of the Givers and the NSRI do the best work for what they receive. The NSRI increases every 2 years, as arranged but they do tend to phone regularly

Mars

Honorary Master
NSRI, A couple of local animal charaties and a local welfare charity. There is also a unofficial kind of charity amongst my neighborhood where we will step up and help out people in the area that are stuck when needed.
I try to keep it as local as possible.

s0lar

Expert Member
I donate to the EFF once a year. That is the electronic freedom foundation. On one of my larger donations they sent me stickers and a T-shirt. Pity I can’t wear it out as it has EFF in large bold and freedom foundation in small letters. It would easy be misrecognised as a political T-shirt, fml.

Also donate to MAPS, that is the multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies.

Last edited:

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
excellent, how do you get them to stop phoning you regularly to see if you're interested in increasing your contribution?

had to resort to Truecaller myself
Do agree it was really bad at one stage. I just politely say I can't contribute more as I had to take a paycut.