• Yes

Votes: 134 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 75 33.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters

Tman543

A few local NPO's that I know does great work, even volunteered for a few of their events/projects

M V D Merwe

Randomly picked one 5 years ago and been donating regularly since

Alec Collier

Do you actively support, either through donations of time or money, any charities?
I donate time, money and expertise to Horizon farm trust, a home for intellectually impaired adults. I was the chairman of the Management committee for 10 years and am still an ordinary member of the Management committee and the Chairman of the Board of trustees. I provide free architectural services and assist to raise funds.

krycor

Honorary Master
No longer .. for a handful years as debt levels rose. Once gone I’m heading out of SA and restart debt yay.. so chances are not for a long time while my disposable income minus debt is non-existent.

Maybe in the distant future.. but yah can’t be charitable when u in debt.

CorneliusCenturion

No, I support two dogs, two cats, two children, and a wife. I used to support a couple of other habits that made me a hit at parties, but alas the she-devil I hitched my venter trailer to put a stop to that when we got married.

DieMeester

Animal welfare and school feeding programs. And then there is the Government which I unvoluntary support.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I was gonna say I don't give to charity. Then I saw a guy eating out of a dustbin. Gave him my KFC burger

ggs

most 'charities' have nothing to do with charity and are just another way by which man tries to placate his consciousness - trying to score brownie points with God...

The Voice

Honorary Master
He chucked it in the next bin. They want money not food.
My mom made a packed lunch for a beggar who'd asked for money. We watched him from the house just get up off the pavement and leave it there without even opening it.

While some may be hungry, a large number are just scrounging for their next fix which, in a number of cases, is why they find themselves on the streets in the first place.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
most 'charities' have nothing to do with charity and are just another way by which man tries to placate his consciousness - trying to score brownie points with God...
Lies. I know from this forum that no-one here believes in God anyway.

mvww

Do you actively support, either through donations of time or money, any charities?
Meals on Wheels, local SPCA, those people who rescue dogs from China and Taiwan, petrol attendants, some parking attendants, the guy who does piece jobs in my garden, Muscular Dystrophy Assoc (their annual year planner) some military veterans aid fund, etc. It is difficult to support charities when you're young and not in a well paying job. As I am retired now, I do have some spare money for charitable causes.

Mars

Honorary Master
Nope. I help because I want to, and I keep it local because I can see the difference it makes. Since I am non religious, I also make sure I only support non religious charities since I in no way want to support their evangelism.