Do you support closing schools at the end of July?

• Yes

Votes: 234 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 410 63.7%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member

bro-da

Expert Member
tough one....

Ultimately - No WITH:

Parents having option can choose to send kids to school or not

Teachers can choose to work or not (no work no pay)

Note: I know it is not a workable solution

werfie

Expert Member
Close it/Don't close it, for heavens sake, just choose.

What will end of July help? If you want to close it, close it now and get it over and done with, if not, leave them open.

If schools close at the end of July, then whatever damage you are trying to prevent because schools are open, would already have been done.

AndyC

Yes.

Nonsensical to even attempt recovering all the time lost in the current year - add the stress of social distancing and other COVID-19 measures at schools and you have a large number of kids that will be wasting time. Cancel and reset for next year.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
It's difficult, some schools are well managed and can cope, giving parents confidence in sending their offspring there, but the majority of schools are poorly managed and sending your child their could become problematic.....

Craig_

Honorary Master
Just treat it as a winter holiday and cancel Christmas

Geez, I already have more than a years worth of leave accumulated, please don't take my Christmas break away as well. I'm really looking forward to getting away a bit in December. They should just leave things as they are now, those that don't want their kids to go to school should keep them home and stop nagging about those that don't want the same.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Geez, I already have more than a years worth of leave accumulated, please don't take my Christmas break away as well. I'm really looking forward to getting away a bit in December. They should just leave things as they are now, those that don't want their kids to go to school should keep them home and stop nagging about those that don't want the same.
The problem is the unions are getting involved and saying it's putting the teachers at risk. Which is also BS as other public servants are expected to work, I mean the DMVs are up and running seeing 100s of people a day.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Yes.

Nonsensical to even attempt recovering all the time lost in the current year - add the stress of social distancing and other COVID-19 measures at schools and you have a large number of kids that will be wasting time. Cancel and reset for next year.
Can you send me your address please. I'll drop my kids off tomorrow for you to look after.

What exactly must we cancel ? What must essential services workers do with their kids ? The last 3 months has been insane a complete failure at home with kids bored and parents stressing. Can't take them out, can't get care for them, can't just leave them in the corner to kill themselves.

I don't give a flying f about the school year, there are a million other options available other than closing the schools again. Kids are the least at risk and don't get infected as easily, there are cold hard facts around this.

I love and respect the people who teach our kids on a daily basis but its time for them to step up. Every one else is doing their jobs and putting themselves at risk. Time for them to do the same.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
The problem is the unions are getting involved and saying it's putting the teachers at risk. Which is also BS as other public servants are expected to work, I mean the DMVs are up and running seeing 100s of people a day.
IF we close the schools again we must close the hospitals.

peanut_butter

Yes, close the schools, burn the schools. Strike, don't pay your taxes, burn down your house, burn down the teachers houses. LOL. what tos K@K country we live in.

Craig_

Honorary Master

Precisely.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Too late. and pointless when the three biggest super spreading events continue unabated:

1. 100% filled taxis
2. Mass attendance at funerals
3. Church Services
2 and 3 were already shown to be an issue.

Reactions: LJ7

braailekker11

Too late. and pointless when the three biggest super spreading events continue unabated:

1. 100% filled taxis
2. Mass attendance at funerals
3. Church Services

Exactly. Closing schools won't have a tiny impact on the exploding infection rate. Hopefully online schooling won't be affected by this.