Do you support closing schools at the end of July?

• Yes

Votes: 234 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 410 63.7%

• Total voters

Craig_

Honorary Master
You could argue that the majority of the work force use taxis to earn a living.
Religious and funeral gatherings are just as important to most people - almost a necessity.

I also use my car to earn a living. Doesn't mean I can drive however I want, or do do whatever I want. Or does it?

JOEY_8

Why close schools then whilst "they", whom we've allowed to rule us like autocrats, make another plan?
Because teachers and students lives are affected by this. And they clearly have no plan.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Because teachers and students lives are affected by this. And they clearly have no plan.
I don't understand: teachers and student lives are affected by way more pertinent issues, such as poor facilities, yet schools remain open. How is COVID-19 worse than teaching under a tree or having to use a pit toilet?

beugleuce

Much easier for top schools to continue education as I believe it will be relatively safe . Majority of schools however, can not maintain safety and learners can carry the virus home to infect everyone at home. Schools who have proved that they can maintain safety levels should be allowed to do so.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
I also use my car to earn a living. Doesn't mean I can drive however I want, or do do whatever I want. Or does it?
Whos talking about how and doing whatever you want?
You use a mode of transport to get from A to B for work and you're unrestricted, correct?

Veneficus

Close all the schools
Then close all the businesses so the parents can stay at home to take care of their kids

Who is the most likely section of our country to get easy immunity and be least likely to be effected by the Virus

Because we are all so scared that we might get it :p
Hahahaha what a joke

Open all the schools and then insure you keep people who is in high risk ages or health issues away from the kids who will not end up in hospital but will help us get to herd immunity

Keeping the school closed will not help anything
and all it will do is further destroy the economy

And hey what you can do for the parent who is scared is the same as was done
Allow them to home school their kids

And for the teachers who is scared to return tell them they will not be fired for 6 months if they do not return
But they will also not be paid

And my Wife is a teacher so :p

Last edited:

Craig_

Honorary Master
Whos talking about how and doing whatever you want?
You use a mode of transport to get from A to B for work and you're unrestricted, correct?

I said that Cyril doesn't have the balls to take on the taxi industry, in other words they can do whatever they want. Then you said that it can be argued that the majority uses taxis to earn a living as if they are justified in their ways. They are not.

Why can people sit in full taxis with no social distancing daily but schools can't be open? Majority of schools can safely keep social distancing. It makes no sense other than that Cyril doesn't have the balls to get the taxi industry to also comply to social distancing.

Reactions: MP3

Burnmeister

Definitely no. Children are the least vulnerable group. Closing schools from the beginning was idiotic. A child litterally has a much bigger chance of dying on the way to school than dying from Covid, yet we all take that risk when we put our children in the car with us. Mankind has become utterly retarded.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Dont have kids at school .... so I really dont have a say in the matter, but ..... if I did ..... I would keep them home for safety.
Some filthy people and some stupid people out there - hell we have a continent of snorters and another bunch who vote ANC time and again then complain and watch the country burn - how bright can they be.

Last edited:

innovator

AN EFFECTIVE REMOTE LEARNING SOLUTION EDU-ACADEMY
Schools are undoubtedly one of the most active points of transmission for Covid-19, and teaching staff are working far harder to ensure correct separation occurs at schools both in class and on the playground. So while I say no to closing schools I also believe that the children should be allowed to continue learning and the teachers should also be allowed to continue teaching just not at schools. There is a team of people that have been working very hard to develop and launch an easy to use, affordable and effective remote learning solution it is called Edu-Training and is offered by Edu-Academy at https://Edu-Academy.co.za please let all the schools know about this solution spread the news and keep our kids learning.

ashleighp

Can you send me your address please. I'll drop my kids off tomorrow for you to look after.

What exactly must we cancel ? What must essential services workers do with their kids ? The last 3 months has been insane a complete failure at home with kids bored and parents stressing. Can't take them out, can't get care for them, can't just leave them in the corner to kill themselves.

I don't give a flying f about the school year, there are a million other options available other than closing the schools again. Kids are the least at risk and don't get infected as easily, there are cold hard facts around this.

I love and respect the people who teach our kids on a daily basis but its time for them to step up. Every one else is doing their jobs and putting themselves at risk. Time for them to do the same.

TOTALLY AGREE: The economy getting back on its feet relies heavily on workers being able to get back to work, and if schools aren't open parents are left with choices they shouldn't have to make. Earn an income or look after children. Sadly also impacting women more as caregiving often falls to them, and if there is a choice between jobs to give up, the often more highly paid parent is the salary that the family can't afford to do without. Further exacerbated by the % of households without fathers resulting in both work (knock-on to the economy) and childcare suffering (knock-on to parent stress levels, and nutritional, emotional, physical, and developmental effect on children).

admac

It is essential that children lives be allowed to normalise as quickly as possible particularly when the risks are known to be minimal.

Reactions: MP3

AlphaBravo

Expert Member
Tough call, but kids life need to go on. Homeschooling impacts negatively on parents productivity levels, and loosing an academic year, this late in the year is stupid.