Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s lockdown easing plan?

Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s lockdown easing plan?

• Yes

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 109 77.9%

• Total voters

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
When we went into level 5 on the 26 March, there were zero fatalities. The majority agreed agreed with the president. In fact he wast highly praised. Today more than 200 are death and the number is rising on a daily basis. The smart ones feel the best thing to do is pretend things are normal and hope for the best. All this with the deadly peak still to come. The president appears to be succumbing to corporate pressure
ROFL "deadly peak".
Agreed it is coming but not from covid 19, there will be lots of death and suffering on the way from starvation and poverty.
Idiot.

Eyeque

Put the whole country into level 3, and put a management plan into place, don’t keep the metros on level 4 but put strict restrictions in place that will ensure non recurrence of infections, open businesses and restaurants and limit cigarettes sales to packet a week strictly smoked at home and not in public or work at all, let ppl start going about with their daily lives Instead of begging for handouts open the economy and let south Africana live our lives

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Yes, mostly glad that there is easing planned, return to level 5 s untenable.

there is no pandemic,
Preposterous. Do you even think before you vomit this schit onto the internet?

This trend of "everyone's an idiot except for me" is Trumpian in the extreme.

There's a severe flu-like illness that will kill some people.
That's true and it's global pandemic.

The benefit is diminished the longer you go on, why? Because you keep the virus active for longer and you delay any herd immunity (which most other countries are quickly approaching according to current research). Delaying herd immunity prevents the vulnerable from being safe from the virus which will result in more deaths.
Herd immunity is a fine strategy when deploying a vaccine. That's where the terminology comes from.
As a strategy reliant upon mass infection it is dumber than schit. Trump and Bojo have completely bastardized the concept and people like you are sucking it down by the wheel-barrow full.

axsis

Preposterous. Do you even think before you vomit this schit onto the internet?

This trend of "everyone's an idiot except for me" is Trumpian in the extreme.

That's true and it's global pandemic.
It is only a global pandemic because we are drawing all attention to it. It is severe yes and it is spreading but other common cold viruses regularly spread and no one bats an eye, even if they were somewhat dangerous to those who are old or already sick. Seasonal flus can be as severe too but again it's mostly due to the fact that we're focussing on this in particular. It should be noted that a lot of death statistics are way out of proportion, Belgium is especially bad for this as they have marked everything and anything as coronavirus without testing.

Herd immunity is a fine strategy when deploying a vaccine. That's where the terminology comes from.
As a strategy reliant upon mass infection it is dumber than schit. Trump and Bojo have completely bastardized the concept and people like you are sucking it down by the wheel-barrow full.
Herd immunity was first recognized as a naturally occurring phenomenon in the 1930s when A. W. Hedrich published research on the epidemiology of measles in Baltimore
As it so happens herd immunity was first thought up in the 1930s with regards to measles which never left the population until the vaccine but the term originated with noticing that people became increasingly immune to the virus. Also, it's not uncommon to have kids contract chickenpox when possible as it can prevent it being caught later, I actually caught chickenpox as a teenager so herd immunity probably protected me up until that point. Herd immunity DOES relate to vaccines but it is not impossible to achieve without as long as the virus creates antibodies (which it does). Without antibodies, a vaccine would be impossible too. The problem does lie in the fact that coronaviruses do mutate and vaccines for them have not really worked in the past (especially not for feline coronaviruses).

I would strongly suggest at least reading the transcripts of the interviews done by the press and the public (Journeyman pictures on youtube), if not watching the interviews on this page, especially those with Dr. John Ioannidis. I would also point out scientists like Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi were dead against lockdown measures as they do not work. The proof is in the pudding, countries that did and didn't lockdown see similar results...e.g. Netherlands vs Denmark.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s plan to lower the lockdown from level 4 to level 3 in most parts of the country by the end of May, and keep areas with high COVID-19 infection rates at level 4?
What is level 3? And what are high COVID-19 areas?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Enough.

He did not stipulate a plan, he waggled left and right and mumbled a couple of sentences.

What he stated made nothing clearer than the very first speech he had in late March.

The biggest joke is the pinpointing of not easing the main economic hubs in SA due to higher than 10 per 100000 confirmed cases. These brain dead muppets cant even equate that such a number is still very very low and out of those 10 out of 100000 cases maybe 0.5 of them are critical.

This entire approach is evidence that he is a useless businessman and all his gains were for free, no way in hell is this man educated or smarter than Zuma. In fact it pains me to say this but if this was Zuma he would have done nothing and we would actually be better off than Ramapooza throwing pointless toys around which is just making things way worse.

We have lost more from TB alone, never mind HIV and various other illnesses in this year and more so during lock down than this covid19 deaths claimed since the start of this lock down.

Can these muppets not realize how retarded it is to focus this much on covid19 when all other diseases that we never locked anything down for is killing of way way way more people even at a daily rate.

He is just a duck waggling around a never ending pond.

Last edited:

RVQ

Expert Member
The plan is pretty straightforward, keep the State of Disaster going so that the ANC lead by Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has free reign to make whatever policies benefits them while parliament essentially remains paralysed from questioning her decisions or making sensible recommendations.

How South Africans can support a lockdown and State of Disaster that's in the hands of an polical party that bled the country dry in the past decade is beyond me.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Pretty sure any sensible province will start to do less testing, fake the numbers or just stop reporting numbers since the more thorough testing that a province is doing the higher the confirmed cases will be and in turn the government is going to punish these provinces by keeping or increasing lock down phases.

Western Cape should just stop doing testing because according to the government if there isn't new numbers then all is better.

John Tempus

Expert Member
How South Africans can support a lockdown and State of Disaster that's in the hands of an polical party that bled the country dry in the past decade is beyond me.
No one voted on this, they just did this unconstitutionally specifically the NCC or whatever group they formed which nullified the parliament and gave 2 or 3 people complete control over SA.

Reeks of CCP style government and it seems we have now entered the Africa-Chinese era of governing because not a single thing in the last 2-3months is backed by the constitution yet its all being enforced.

So anyone breaking these bullshit laws is not breaking any laws, these are made up laws right now not backed by the actual constitution yet we are all going along with it because the courts are next to useless right now and to sit in jail for a non crime until courts eventually bother to act on your case is even worse.

Master Su

No, Last nights speech was all over the place, first the president says S.A will move to lvl3 end of the month BUT here is the catch “certain metros — where the vast majority of infections have occurred — will remain at level four”.

What is the point in easing the lockdown when the 3 highest tax paying provinces remain on lvl4 or 5 ? Its not going to work might as well extend lvl4 for all of S.A.

Taxable income by province in 2017/18
ProvinceNumber of taxpayersTaxable income (R billion)Tax Assessed (R billion)
Eastern Cape408 899R 107R 18
Free State249 868R 59R 10
Gauteng1 742 697R 655R 150
KwaZulu-Natal674 362R 193R 36
Limpopo260 430R 71R 12
Mpumalanga283 462R 81R 15
Northern Cape103 639R 26R 4
North West236 314R 61R 11
Western Cape773 927R 773R 53
Unknown province164 967R 164R 8

Stokstert

Executive Member
No, their plan is only geared to destroy the White Monopoly Capital and is not to their satisfaction yet. Thus the
lockdown without a definitely declared end date is kept alive.

RVQ

Expert Member
No one voted on this, they just did this unconstitutionally specifically the NCC or whatever group they formed which nullified the parliament and gave 2 or 3 people complete control over SA.

Reeks of CCP style government and it seems we have now entered the Africa-Chinese era of governing because not a single thing in the last 2-3months is backed by the constitution yet its all being enforced.

So anyone breaking these bullshit laws is not breaking any laws, these are made up laws right now not backed by the actual constitution yet we are all going along with it because the courts are next to useless right now and to sit in jail for a non crime until courts eventually bother to act on your case is even worse.
And it's why all South Africans need to get behind the voices that are seeking the end of the lockdown and State of Disaster. The longer the ANC has unchallenged control of the country the darker the future becomes.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
And it's why all South Africans need to get behind the voices that are seeking the end of the lockdown and State of Disaster. The longer the ANC has unchallenged control of the country the darker the future becomes.
Agree

Personally, I dont think the SA post COVID is going to be any better than the one before, and lets be honest, it wasnt that great for some us before.
The ANC is bad news for sure.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Agree

Personally, I dont think the SA post COVID is going to be any better than the one before, and lets be honest, it wasnt that great for some us before.
The ANC is bad news for sure.
Exodus of a huge % of current tax payers is the first thing that will cripple the country permanently.

Never mind that I highly doubt this government have any intention to move the country out entirely from lock down, we will have many of the current government enforcements magically stick permanently for months if not years to come under the guise of this covid19 threat that might jump out of the bush at any time and we need daddy to protect us.

They have no gotten a taste of what they can do if there is any sort of emergency so I also expect them to constantly think up new emergencies that would require emergency protocols such as this current lock down bs.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
There currently is no plan.

Lockdown was supposed to be enforced to allow the medical industry and department of health to get prepared for what was to come. They did that (hence the reason why everyone was originally praising Ramaphosa), but now it has just become a farce if the government and private health is not prepared by now they will never be.

They should open the economy and put restrictions in place for pensioners (the hardest hit group) and allow the immunity to take heed amongst the rest of the population.

The government has lost control over the lockdown, because people are fed up and going back to work and moving around. I see beggars on the streets, car guards, dustbin diggers and such like so if they are out and about why can't everybody else be

The only thing being enforced now is the stupid rules on retailers and shops of what they can and cannot sell.

Sarg3_ZN

This lock down circus show should have been a distant memory by now, joining that other memory of the new dawn. If you are able to work from home do so, if not take the necessary precautions not to get infected or spread the virus.

Gathering should be limited along with restaurants, bars and similar venues to only allow or operate at 50% to 60% of their licensed capacity.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
It is only a global pandemic because we are drawing all attention to it. It is severe yes and it is spreading but other common cold viruses regularly spread and no one bats an eye, even if they were somewhat dangerous to those who are old or already sick. Seasonal flus can be as severe too but again it's mostly due to the fact that we're focussing on this in particular. It should be noted that a lot of death statistics are way out of proportion, Belgium is especially bad for this as they have marked everything and anything as coronavirus without testing.
The data are sketchy at best, in the US Trump hid infection data to spare the stock market. China were, uh, less than transparent about the situation.

I think it's far worse than what has been reported, you the opposite. Without reliable data we do not have mathematical means of determining who is right.

There is good 'ol empirical evidence though and it is categorically ridiculous to say it is the same as the common cold when you see the way hospitals have been overrun and hearing the first hand accounts of medical professionals.

It is very clear that saying SARS-CoV2 is 'just like the flu' is pretty far from being correct even if one just considers basic facts like: we have flu vaccines but we do not have SARS-CoV2 vaccines, that alone makes it more dangerous.

As it so happens herd immunity was first thought up in the 1930s with regards to measles which never left the population until the vaccine but the term originated with noticing that people became increasingly immune to the virus.
That is interesting, clearly I was unaware of that.

I'm sticking to my guns to a degree though because in modern times "herd immunity" is a concept closely related to the administration of vaccines.

I'm also sticking to my guns because although you are technically correct, people tend to have a very simplistic understanding of herd immunity and how it works. It isn't just 'let the sick die, thin the herd' it actually works in a very specific way and it does work for measles, mumps, etc. via vaccines. Without vaccines it is an absolute disaster, like apocalyptic hellscape disaster.

Thanks for setting me right though, I sincerely appreciate it. Learning is a wonderful thing :)

Also, it's not uncommon to have kids contract chickenpox when possible as it can prevent it being caught later,
I'm fairly certain that "pox parties" were more or less superseded by vaccines. You probably get antivax Karens who still arrange them on Facebook but that's it's own thing.

I'd say it's pretty uncommon to afflict a child with a disease as opposed to administering a freely available vaccine.

I would strongly suggest at least reading the transcripts of the interviews done by the press and the public (Journeyman pictures on youtube), if not watching the interviews on this page, especially those with Dr. John Ioannidis. I would also point out scientists like Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi were dead against lockdown measures as they do not work. The proof is in the pudding, countries that did and didn't lockdown see similar results...e.g. Netherlands vs Denmark.

I will check them out. Thanks.