Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s lockdown easing plan?

Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s lockdown easing plan?

• Yes

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 109 77.9%

• Total voters

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Is it my imagination or has the forum seen an increase in imbecile ruling ruling party supporters lately?

Biz solution

Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s plan to lower the lockdown from level 4 to level 3 in most parts of the country by the end of May, and keep areas with high COVID-19 infection rates at level 4?
The timing is critical to economic recovery.

Biz solution

Do you support President Cyril Ramaphosa’s plan to lower the lockdown from level 4 to level 3 in most parts of the country by the end of May, and keep areas with high COVID-19 infection rates at level 4?
Defenitely need more innovative ways of implementation. The current practise is slow and a reflection of indecisiveness

ghostim

Expert Member
If it was me, I would have defined the criteria and regulations clearly BEFORE announcing the different levels. And have it ratified by parlement.

krycor

Honorary Master
When we went into level 5 on the 26 March, there were zero fatalities. The majority agreed agreed with the president. In fact he wast highly praised. Today more than 200 are death and the number is rising on a daily basis. The smart ones feel the best thing to do is pretend things are normal and hope for the best. All this with the deadly peak still to come. The president appears to be succumbing to corporate pressure
Disagree quite a bit.. want to see corporate pressure, check the DA and FF+ court applications.. I suspect it might be laughed out of court as it’s that idiotic. Even the useless PP can defend it..

I think they trying very hard to find balance between savings lives from the virus and starvation. Initially the lockdown was to provide time.. yay, it worked.. good luck to anyone who wishes to dispute this. Your poster kid country Sweden strategy would decimate ours.. this is fact.

Now it’s about controlling the demand for healthcare. Looks like we doing the www like wave.. ie open and close at differing levels as per demand and spread. Seems rational given our poor healthcare facilities.. globally this is trend in countries with pathetic gini coeff. Capitalism ftw? Too bad it also means the wealthy have their companies destroyed as gov can’t service the poor.

I’m fascinated by the drama in the forum and out there as the peak is coming regardless and political parties who called this wrong will pay next year.

Ps. Let’s hope the Latin American countries fate doesn’t line up with ours.. seems very likely to me. Not the best time to be over 60 in SA.. wonder how many ceos over 55 are willing to go to work daily with entire staff in office.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Drunk people who are incapable of sitting up have more detailed and concrete plans. They're also more coherent than the rambling that was referred to as an address.

noxibox

Honorary Master
You realise the major hospitals are empty, there is no pandemic, there is no looming peak. There's a severe flu-like illness that will kill some people. 200 dead is nothing in terms of other communicable diseases in South Africa, 200 per week is what you're looking at for the highly contagious TB.
Deaths? It's over 1000 per week in South Africa.

When we went into level 5 on the 26 March, there were zero fatalities. The majority agreed agreed with the president. In fact he wast highly praised. Today more than 200 are death and the number is rising on a daily basis. The smart ones feel the best thing to do is pretend things are normal and hope for the best. All this with the deadly peak still to come. The president appears to be succumbing to corporate pressure
Of course it's rising. But the death rate is staying the same. Infection rate is also very shallow. If they'd found new cases at the same rate in April as they did in March there'd be a million confirmed by now and 18000 dead.

But what's your plan to avoid economic catastrophe? Where is the government going to get the money to pay for their lockdown if many businesses disappear and 7 million more people become unemployed? That's nearly half of the current working population. Many of the wealthiest people can ride this out. In fact they're probably continuing to make money. So they're not the ones taking the real brunt.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
No I don't support it because it is illogical and random. 95% of the rules will not save a single extra life.

I would support logical rules that can show medical benefits.

Some rules will actually kill more people e.g three hours of crowded exercise a day.

Lebs1972

It is only a global pandemic because we are drawing all attention to it. It is severe yes and it is spreading but other common cold viruses regularly spread and no one bats an eye, even if they were somewhat dangerous to those who are old or already sick. Seasonal flus can be as severe too but again it's mostly due to the fact that we're focussing on this in particular. It should be noted that a lot of death statistics are way out of proportion, Belgium is especially bad for this as they have marked everything and anything as coronavirus without testing.

As it so happens herd immunity was first thought up in the 1930s with regards to measles which never left the population until the vaccine but the term originated with noticing that people became increasingly immune to the virus. Also, it's not uncommon to have kids contract chickenpox when possible as it can prevent it being caught later, I actually caught chickenpox as a teenager so herd immunity probably protected me up until that point. Herd immunity DOES relate to vaccines but it is not impossible to achieve without as long as the virus creates antibodies (which it does). Without antibodies, a vaccine would be impossible too. The problem does lie in the fact that coronaviruses do mutate and vaccines for them have not really worked in the past (especially not for feline coronaviruses).

I would strongly suggest at least reading the transcripts of the interviews done by the press and the public (Journeyman pictures on youtube), if not watching the interviews on this page, especially those with Dr. John Ioannidis. I would also point out scientists like Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi were dead against lockdown measures as they do not work. The proof is in the pudding, countries that did and didn't lockdown see similar results...e.g. Netherlands vs Denmark.

Sweden’s policy of keeping schools, restaurants and businesses open while practicing social distancing to prevent the coronavirus pandemic from spreading was seen as bold, but now it has the highest deaths per capita in Europe from COVID-19.

Lebs1972

Sweden’s policy of keeping schools, restaurants and businesses open while practicing social distancing to prevent the coronavirus pandemic from spreading was seen as bold, but now it has the highest deaths per capita in Europe from COVID-19.

Lebs1972

N. B. This is a fact not paddled theory

Lebs1972

ROFL "deadly peak".
Agreed it is coming but not from covid 19, there will be lots of death and suffering on the way from starvation and poverty.
Idiot.
How many have died from starvation since the lock down was declared? About 400 are dead as of last night

Lebs1972

How many have died from starvation since the lock down was declared? 400 are dead and counting since then