Do you support the government’s current lockdown strategy?

Do you support the government’s current lockdown strategy?

• Yes

Votes: 45 14.2%
  • No

Votes: 272 85.8%

• Total voters

KrispyRen

The lockdown was not meant to try and control people and break down the economy. It was for the healthcare system to prepare. Are there any report on what they’ve done to prepare?

newby_investor

Expert Member
The lockdown was not meant to try and control people and break down the economy. It was for the healthcare system to prepare. Are there any report on what they’ve done to prepare?
We have had reports. The hospitals seem to be bored.
The reduction in traffic and alcohol has prevented a lot of accidents, so the casualty departments of hospitals are not as busy as usual.
Some bright-spark decided that medical professionals can't treat all their patients, so their appointment books are at fractions of the usual fullness. My neighbour is a dentist, she's working about two and a half days a week at the moment. My wife's gynae reported something somewhat similar.
There have been delays in getting PPE into some places. I haven't been following it that closely though, so I'm not sure whether that's been resolved yet.

lkswan747

Expert Member
I originally supported the lockdown but like all good things my support has come to an end! Government has now become so petty and the original reasons for the lockdown seem to have just floated by and faded into oblivion.
I will take my chances thank you and don't need government to tell me what I can or cannot buy, when I can travel or not travel, when I can or cannot visit my family etc. To hell with this petty kak!

Andre Bothma

Firstly it would have been 21 days, then it got extended to 35 days and now it's never ending (levels).

Just some simple illustrations:
Smokes - I stocked up before the initial 21 day lock-down which fortunately lasted me till two days after the full 35 day lock-down ended, but now, do I support the illegal trade?
Hair - I have my hair cut once a month and now? Only allowed on level 2 whenever that one-day might happen.
Eyes - I broke my one of my spectacles' lenses, saw the optometrist for a eye-test to order replacement lenses on 28 March but the frames are Oakley and the lenses needed to be imported. It's now 13 may and they're stuck somewhere in customs due to import restrictions.

As I said, just simple illiterations of pathetic rules...

mvww

A big part of the economy, for example e-commerce, could have been up and running again without any danger of increased infections, but they're being throttled to death because of nonsensical regulations.

ProfA

Honorary Master
I seem to be the last sucker in the neighbourhood still remotely sticking to the rules. Almost all the surrounding houses have their domestic and garden services back. Having braai get togethers with friends and family from other houses. The DA guy said it best. End it, or the citizens will end it for you.

Claudia12

I support the goverment with current lockdown even though i dont agree with everything i fully support them cause its for the peoples best interest

Budgy

Apparently R500bn has been spent on "relief", but what difference has it really made to the man in the street? I think it would have made a much bigger difference to every individual in this country if each person was given R1mil. We are about 60 million souls living in SA so it would still leave the government R440bn to play with and almost nobody would have to apply for payment holidays or wonder how they will pay their bills come end of the month.

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Apparently R500bn has been spent on "relief", but what difference has it really made to the man in the street? I think it would have made a much bigger difference to every individual in this country if each person was given R1mil. We are about 60 million souls living in SA so it would still leave the government R440bn to play with and almost nobody would have to apply for payment holidays or wonder how they will pay their bills come end of the month.

LOL, do you even math bro?

Toxxyc

Executive Member
You do know that R1,000,000 x 60,000,000 = R60,000,000,000,000 (R60 Trillion) and not R60,000,000,000 (R60 Billion), right? If they devided R500,000,000,000 (R500 billion) between all 60,000,000 South Africans, each would only get around R8,000.

Fargle

I support the goverment with current lockdown even though i dont agree with everything i fully support them cause its for the peoples best interest

Access to the internet should be restricted in the same manner as the right to vote and breed should be; with mandatory IQ tests.

Fargle

They ordered a shipment of vibrating dildo's from China...

Cius

Executive Member
I supported the initial lockdown to prep hospitals. Now, I think they are on the complete wrong track. They need top switch to protecting the vulnerable and letting everyone else out with those going out still taking what measures are possible to social distance and use PPE.