Do you support the government restriction on exercise?

Do you support the government restriction on exercise?

• Yes

Votes: 71 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 438 86.1%

• Total voters

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Exercise is conducive to good health. Restriction to the hours of day light and within a certain distance from your proven residence should be all the restrictions that should be enforced.

Why the distance limitation? What possible health reason is there for that?

Beeblebrox

Would like to have a slot in the afternoon. With working from home, we decided to start earlier and finish earlier. A slot for exercise in the afternoon would help.

Stylo

That's exactly what I said.

If you choose to not keep your distance or wear a mask, no problem. There's a cot at Nasrec waiting for you.
Absolutely correct and I have no sympathy for those that flout the rules becasue thats all there will be.. A cot. No doc, no nurse, no oxygen.

EasyComs

ALL outdoor activities must be allowed - if necessary with conditions.
Definitely walking/hiking, jogging/running, tennis, golf, and motorsport must be allowed.
Probably set conditions for group size and spectators spacing.

Do you support the government’s decision to only allow walking, jogging and cycling between 06:00 and 09:00?
No! It is too early in the morning and with winter round the corner too cold. This will cause some people who just want to excercise by walking to catch a cold which everyone wants to avoid. I am forced to start my walk after 8 when the air is not so cold as prior to 8. Many residents will also do that and too many people frced to do excercising etc in maybe one hour. They can extend the hours to 10h and again afternoon from 15h to 18h.

Rudebaker

What's with the surfing ban?
There's no rational reason for it, apart from it being a big f***-you from power-tripping buffoons

noxibox

Honorary Master
Ive seen an article (can't remember where) that said France is restricting the sale of Nicotine products. Its not an outright ban though (from what I remember)
They actually did that after the study about the potential protective effects of nicotine came out, because they were worried people would start using nicotine replacement products and become addicted. Of course if they were up to date on the research on the addictiveness of nicotine they'd have known that was unlikely. There was also some nonsense about the health risks of excessive consumption.

Absolutely correct and I have no sympathy for those that flout the rules becasue thats all there will be.. A cot. No doc, no nurse, no oxygen.
The probability is very low. But if most of the sheep are hammering themselves trying to exercise with their breathing impeded by their sweat and mucous soaked mask the rest can use the herd immunity conferred.

terrycoc38

No. Pres Pamaphosa talks about comparing us with UK. UK now has no restrictions on time & in fact encourages exercise

NuttyNige

What difference does it make whether I exercise between 6 to 9am or 3 to 5pm?? The Lockdown is complete BS...

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Why the distance limitation? What possible health reason is there for that?
Its about containing the spread. Limiting the movement from one area to the next.

to me its actually fine... we have bigger fish to fry anyway.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
What difference does it make whether I exercise between 6 to 9am or 3 to 5pm?? The Lockdown is complete BS...
Yes, this logic I don't get.

They should have already seen that this is a failure and re-looked at the options.

CT and JHB should be on different times anyway. I sort of get that they just don't want people out and about all the time... this is terrible implementation.

To save face they should adjust the time an hour forward and open up late afternoons as well.

Big Rat

Expert Member
I voted yes. purely because there are so many contact sports that is seen as exercise.
Had they said all exercise is open the rugby, netball, and myriad of other sports would have started.
practicing rugby is my exercise, and frankly to go and try that is just stupid.

Limit it to stuff that they know is non contact, something everybody can do.

The problem here in South Africa is that if you do not nail it down, people will do anything to try because you did not state specifically , 'Don't do that!'.
And they cannot allow certain sports because if a majority of people is excluded by it then we have another shitstorm.
For example. Allow Netball and rugby, but not football. Netball and Rugby is predominantly a white sport, so immediately it will be called a racist policy.
If they allow Football and not Rugby, the white folk will have another shitfit because it is another thing they allow the darkies and not the whiteys. We know that's gonna happen, no reason to beat around the bush.
And because of this back and forth, how will people react, it is just easier to throw a blanket policy.
My 2c

Big Rat

Expert Member
The time allowed is crap. Now instead of 5000 people spread over the day, you are forcing them into smaller timeframes. During the day you could get 500 people jogging every hour, now you have 5000 people in a short timeframe. Just stupid.

toitjiec

I think that limiting the "exercise" times is counter productive, as it forces people together because of limited time. That does not help distancing.

geshepherd50@gmail.com

Hell no!! I do (did) gym 3/4 times a week.
I am a cyclist and a short ride is 40 kms. Long ride is going on 100kms. Cannot do that in 3 hours within 5kms!!!!